Dallam Sidings (Warrington) - N Gauge WCML 2001 Macclesfield Show 20th&21st April 2024

87023Velocity

The last 3 current projects from the workbench. Once Dallam returns from Wigan I will be having a good clear out and tidy up, there is stuff everywhere😳🤣. The airbrush needs a good clean as well!
60013 is a respray from a Mainline livered version. All the transfers and nameplates are Railtec.
37886 modified and resprayed WCRC 37669. All transfers and nameplates are Railtec. Silver centre windscreen surround done at both ends as per the real loco.
56069, partial respray on the gold band due to renumber. NRN aerials fitted, finer jumper cables scratchbuilt. Nameplates and numbers are Railtec.
Not decided on fitting the bufferbeam detail on either the 37 or 56 as could use them for double heading.

Cheers

Simon

20220918_114108.jpg

20220918_113836.jpg

20220918_113626.jpg

• Like 18

1 hour ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Top stuff Simon. You have a flow of very interesting stuff coming off your workbench and all modelled extremely well 👍. Always a pleasure to see a new post on the Dallam thread and follow what your upto so thanks for sharing. 

All the best,

Dave 

Thanks Dave! Got a few more projects in my head but they will need to wait till after the Wigan show. I have got the etches to do the test department class 150 so that should appear at somepoint.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thrilled to see the Dallam layout for real at the Wigan show over the past two days, and to spend occasions chatting with you from time to time.

Not sure when the 'Shirebrook German Waistcoat' will be back in UK to see the layout again. Happy memories being taken back to Herrenberg.

In the meantine

es grüßt, und diesmal ganz herzlich

pc

• Thanks 1

On 02/10/2022 at 21:06, Padishar Creel said:

I was thrilled to see the Dallam layout for real at the Wigan show over the past two days, and to spend occasions chatting with you from time to time.

Not sure when the 'Shirebrook German Waistcoat' will be back in UK to see the layout again. Happy memories being taken back to Herrenberg.

In the meantine

es grüßt, und diesmal ganz herzlich

pc

It was great to speak with yourself also and glad you enjoyed Dallam. It was a great weekend being setup next to Shirebrook, we should have swapped some stock over on the Sunday afternoon, Virgin Mk3 set with a dead 90 on the rear being dragged through Shirebrook!

Thanks again

Simon

• Like 1

Following the Wigan show last weekend, Dallam is still boxed up and stacked in the garage. I decided to have a clean and sort out before the layout is reassembled.

With regards to the exhibition, the layout worked well, only a few issues which were incorrect roads set in the fiddleyard and the odd item of stock deciding to uncouple on the front of the layout.

A big thanks to the operating team, Chris Hewitt and Peter Thomas. On the Sunday, Michael from Stuartby (N gauge layout on Facebook and Instagram) volunteered his services to operate and bring some stock and he did not stop for most of the day (thanks again Michael it was a big help and much appreciated!). Having Michael join us made a big difference on the Sunday and he will hopefully be joining us at Leigh in September 2023.

Did not get chance to take many pictures but one I did do was of the Revolution class 390, it looked stunning on the layout (I have got one on order from the second production run). Also a brief video clip from the weekend which includes the 390 at the end.

Thanks again everyone!

20221002_142302.jpg.3d637b5f8fa60df5235de8d6742910a9.jpg

Cheers

Simon

• Like 19

Hi Simon. Thought the layout was fantastic. It was good to finally see the progress/ changes in person since it's last appearance.

I did think about saying hello but you were preoccupied with the uncoupling stock.

Christian.

Edited by branchie
  • Like 1

Hi Simon, 

I only had a limited time to watch your great model, but having operated the layout at Blackburn  show,  I didn't  feel too cheated. It was a pleasure to have Shirebrook and Dallam together, I think both layouts complimented each other.

Cheers

Duncan 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, 87023Velocity said:

Although Dallam is still boxed up following the Wigan show, bits of modelling have been taking place. Currently respraying an inspection saloon into Scotrail livery as DM45020. A set of B4 bogies will be fitted as per the real thing. All paint is Railmatch.

20221114_163101.jpg

20221114_162933.jpg

looking good what did you use for undercoat ?

14 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

The Serco stock is all looking very good,  out of interest have you done any with the earlier logo?

Thanks. No not done any with the earlier logos yet though I do have the transfers for them so a vehicle or 2 may appear.

Cheers

Simon

A few more pictures of some recently acquired Scottish stock posed on Dallam, which has finally been set up again this afternoon following the Wigan show. I will be looking at starting a Scottish project at somepoint, era will be 1988 to 1991. Trackplan and location not decided but it will not be the size of Dallam.

Cheers

Simon

20221120_200331.jpg

20221120_184611.jpg

20221120_184450.jpg

20221120_175638.jpg

20221120_175742.jpg

20220506_144407.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, 87023Velocity said:

A few more pictures of some recently acquired Scottish stock posed on Dallam, which has finally been set up again this afternoon following the Wigan show. I will be looking at starting a Scottish project at somepoint, era will be 1988 to 1991. Trackplan and location not decided but it will not be the size of Dallam.

Simon

Aww go on Simon, you know you want to :) you'd miss the run that you have with Dallam if you changed .... grabs hat and coat quickly!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

Aww go on Simon, you know you want to :) you'd miss the run that you have with Dallam if you changed .... grabs hat and coat quickly!

Don't worry, Dallam is staying, this is just going to be a small project (famous last words when it develops into something like Mossend because it seemed a good idea at the time 🤣).

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Gold
On 15/11/2022 at 12:58, 87023Velocity said:

Thanks. No not done any with the earlier logos yet though I do have the transfers for them so a vehicle or 2 may appear.

Cheers

Simon

Thanks, somehow I missed your response.  I assume it was from precision labels as I saw on Friday they produce Serco transfers covering both logos

in N, a couple of emails later and I have ordered what I need for my 4mm ones.  

Always nice to see some early privatisation test trains modelled.  this is one of those layouts that really makes me wonder if I made the right call scale wise!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Thanks, somehow I missed your response.  I assume it was from precision labels as I saw on Friday they produce Serco transfers covering both logos

in N, a couple of emails later and I have ordered what I need for my 4mm ones.  

Always nice to see some early privatisation test trains modelled.  this is one of those layouts that really makes me wonder if I made the right call scale wise!

No problem, yes from Precision, he did the logos and various number sets as well. 

Yes the test trains of that era were interesting, certainly with top and tailed 47s. I have got the bits to do the 150 and may look at IRIS 2.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 87023Velocity said:

No problem, yes from Precision, he did the logos and various number sets as well. 

Yes the test trains of that era were interesting, certainly with top and tailed 47s. I have got the bits to do the 150 and may look at IRIS 2.

Cheers

Simon

I’m half way through the structure gauging train (with just the brake force mk2s to go) and have a 150 that’s awaiting delivery of etches.  I can’t decide between doing Iris2 or 977391/2 with the 2f track recording coach (though that coach with its mk2s is also tempting).  

• Like 1