SHED SCENE ( Bank Hall )

Hi Gary,

It seems quite original. Was it inspired by any particular prototype? Anyway it's very creative. I'm assuming roof-cladding (slate?) and vents, etc., are to be added, then weathering. I'm keen to see it finished.

Tony.

Hello,

No the place isn't based on anywhere i just saw its design in an old Hornby Magazine and read a layout which had this kind of design in it. The roof still has to have it gutter and vents added however the roof i think will stay as the shed is for a heritage railway (the roof may have been replaced with a corrugated roof or something!)

Having had a look on google images i have only been able to find one example of this shed which is Tonbridge shed if I'm right?

post-16460-0-80713900-1386608675.jpg

• 7 months later...

Cheers for the kind comments,

I have been here but so busy, I don't get a moment these days, however just been to London for 4 days on a business trip.

I will try to post up when I can, I have loads of stuff to post.

cheers

Peter

• 4 years later...

I re-iterate the above comments, absolutely superb !

After seeing your modelling I was slightly apprehensive about posting my scratch built water tank ( for my O Gauge layout in progress ) but I will anyway for what its worth !

post-20303-0-84852700-1542138366_thumb.jpg

G

• Like 4

I re-iterate the above comments, absolutely superb !

After seeing your modelling I was slightly apprehensive about posting my scratch built water tank ( for my O Gauge layout in progress ) but I will anyway for what its worth !

attachicon.gifDSCF8044.jpg

G

Hi bgman,

thank you for the very kind comments and what lovely work you have done, its great modelling, very nicely done indeed.

• RMweb Gold

I can't believe my luck, I have only just found your ' Buildings for Ormskirk' thread when suddenly I find this one with even more truly wonderful modelling, Brilliant.....thank you.

• Like 1

I can't believe my luck, I have only just found your ' Buildings for Ormskirk' thread when suddenly I find this one with even more truly wonderful modelling, Brilliant.....thank you.

hi Rilsky,

you might be intrested in the Carlisle thread, that I did, I think its on this structures thread called, Carlisle buildings.

I think there is 10 pages of it.

Edited by Gravy Train

My particular interest is Merseyside steam sheds and 7mm modelling.  I was delighted to see your Bank Hall images.   Where did you get the MPD plan/elevation shown in the background of some photos please?  I have lots of shed scenes if you are interested in any particular details of Bank Hall or elsewhere.  Thanks.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Engine Shed Society, Archivist

It looks to me like the drawings in LMS Engine Sheds Volume 3.

That's correct  re the book, most of the details in the drawings are correct.

Peter

My particular interest is Merseyside steam sheds and 7mm modelling.  I was delighted to see your Bank Hall images.   Where did you get the MPD plan/elevation shown in the background of some photos please?  I have lots of shed scenes if you are interested in any particular details of Bank Hall or elsewhere.  Thanks.

Stephen Wolstenholme

Engine Shed Society, Archivist

Hi Stephen,

I used the dimensions from the Hawkins Reeve Engine Sheds book of the LYR and photos and info provided by the client.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of part-finished structures for Camden:

post-10140-0-09224100-1544513715_thumb.jpeg

The water tower is part scratch built in brass, nickel silver and plastic, and partly uses Alan Gibson etched brass Braithwaite panels. Measurements scaled from many photos and comparison to the panel dimensions.

post-10140-0-41124900-1544513740_thumb.jpeg

The coaling tower is scratchbuilt built almost entirely from plastic, and used the drawings.

The real things:

https://railphotoprints.uk/p717500529/h6315bd42#h6315bd42

Iain

• Like 7

A couple of part-finished structures for Camden:

attachicon.gif81DA59D7-4F8C-4845-AA38-983980600B10.jpeg

The water tower is part scratch built in brass, nickel silver and plastic, and partly uses Alan Gibson etched brass Braithwaite panels. Measurements scaled from many photos and comparison to the panel dimensions.

attachicon.gif018DEEB2-9134-48CC-B702-3CBE29A442E6.jpeg

The coaling tower is scratchbuilt built almost entirely from plastic, and used the drawings.

The real things:

https://railphotoprints.uk/p717500529/h6315bd42#h6315bd42

Iain

Hi Iain,

Thanks for posting, excellent modelling it’s nice to see scratchbuilding, are the legs on the coaling tower hollow, solid?

I use hollow Plastruct section with K&S channel inserted into it for stability, having found that the solid plastic section can be prone to movement.

Cheers

Peter

Edited by Gravy Train