Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

• 4 weeks later...

A vid. from tonights running session. Heritage class 117 with SWD sound and class 128 with Zimo sound chip. The 128 Zimo chip, is by Pauliebanger and is one of my favourites,to date. A Deep gutteral roar which represents the Albion engined 128 very well, quite different from the other DMU sounds I've heard. Anyway, Heritage Parcel/Passenger DMU and new single platform station, in the fiddleyard, at the end of the lower level line.

Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ts636jdnw0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by Doughnut
  • Like 13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Enjoyed the videos and catching up.

Question ? Circular speed signs, how did you cut them out, without,leaving square edges.

I have a set of hollow punches,in various sizes

But my workshop practice,seems to have left me during retirement, centering them, well, I can do nice offset ones.

• 1 month later...

Many moons since the last update, but managed to get a vid done last week, despite being very busy with work at the mo.

Next vid should be  a 'Track maintenance' scene, as I'm stocking up on all the bits and bobs needed for it and then a nightime scene, as the nights are drawing in now and all the lights come into there own.

Finally got my fav.loco Meld kitted out with sound and used the Biffo method with a Bass reflex speaker. Would appreciate knowing what you think about it?

Also put together a mail train, which is lit and will be used in the night-time vid. Detailed/sound chipped and re-motored/bogied my GBRF class 92 and expanded the under layout fiddle yard to take 3 full length express trains when not in use, as the layout was becoming a bit grid-locked.

Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQcnt9xiq3Y

• Like 15

Many moons since the last update, but managed to get a vid done last week, despite being very busy with work at the mo.

Next vid should be  a 'Track maintenance' scene, as I'm stocking up on all the bits and bobs needed for it and then a nightime scene, as the nights are drawing in now and all the lights come into there own.

Finally got my fav.loco Meld kitted out with sound and used the Biffo method with a Bass reflex speaker. Would appreciate knowing what you think about it?

Also put together a mail train, which is lit and will be used in the night-time vid. Detailed/sound chipped and re-motored/bogied my GBRF class 92 and expanded the under layout fiddle yard to take 3 full length express trains when not in use, as the layout was becoming a bit grid-locked.

Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQcnt9xiq3Y

Fantastic video!

• Like 1

Absolutely fantastic! Really enjoyed reading and druling over the layout and pictures!! The only thing I could thinking of all the way through is why haven't we seen this in a magazine?! This has set a new benchmark and I echo the wow's and brilliant' of others on this thread.

Great work mate, and surely a magazine feature would be the crown on this and well deserved too!!

All the best!

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...