RMweb

Minsterley - Modern Image OHLE Layout

Doughnut

Catching up on this layout after a while and WOW i was not disappointed. That sainsbury's building is incredible! And there are some shots in the drone view video where I honestly think I'm looking at the real railway. 

Really enjoy your thread - keep up the good work! 

• Like 1

Outstanding video of the night-time possession. What I've always thought is impotant is not the rivet-counting detail or whether somethings got the right boiler port etc, but does it look and feel right. That is far more important (especially if neglected). This looks and feels exactly right!

Many thanks chaps for your kind comments. Creating 'a scene' is very enjoyable when your layout has been completed for some time and you think there's no more to be done.

(The  sound chips in the 168/90 are yours, by the-way, Ian)

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks Tony. Yes Jaz is on Yotube/Google too. Pity she can't be back on here. Spoke to her last week and she introduced me to the US modellers. I dont do Facebook so not seen it. It's very kind of her saying that but there are plenty better.

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks Tony. Yes Jaz is on Yotube/Google too. Pity she can't be back on here. Spoke to her last week and she introduced me to the US modellers. I dont do Facebook so not seen it. It's very kind of her saying that but there are plenty better.

Dave

I really dislike Facebook, the way comments are buried means it's impossible to communicate seriously in model terms. I only use it 'cos I'm so poor at texting with my dodgy digits that the PMs are handy for family and friends - I can type a lot easier - although that can hurt like hell due to carpal-tunnel thingy. Otherwise, I only go on to support Jaz. To be honest, the MR groups she's in are not so good. Having said which, she is raising them with all the work she can show that was developed on here, so that's good for her - and them.

Because I was unable to model for quite a while I took onboard the Hornby terraces you saw in that picture. This was partly stimulated by your excellent use of such products; used properly they are effective. OK, I mortar-washed mine, but that was for the squalid, industrial pollution of the 60's. They still need a lot of work, but it's enjoyable.

I'm becoming more and more "diesel" - seeing even the best of steam running with no exhaust is getting to me, probably 'cos sound makes it worse - the exhaust is even more lacking. I've four sound/steam locos and I'm thinking of getting rid.  Are you familiar with Shenston Road? It's one of my RMweb favourites, although - green and blue diesel - it's a bit early for you.

Regards,

Tony

EDIT: I've just been checking out your YouTube channel in total - mine must seem pathetic to you! Still, everyone has to start somewhere.

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

Yes Tony I look at Shenstone road quite a bit, late 60's /early 70's, with all the pioneer diesels being modelled, it's excellent. I know what you mean about sound-steam making the lack of real exhaust that bit more noticeable. I have a black 5 which sounds great,  but the sound just begs for some steam and smoke.

Dave

• Like 1

Cracking stuff Dave. Looks even better in the dark if thats possible! Top marks.

You do need to sort the roof of that back hst coach though. Theres a tad of light leakage along the join.

I apprieciate how difficult lighting can be as I also model sci fi stuff and that is pretty much always lit in the dark!

Edited by RBE

Thanks chaps.

Yes I noticed that myself RBE. It's the TGS which is, I think, is the old style build, where the roof and windows are one moulding. Will get some paint onto it, all the same. 

Dave

Edited by Doughnut

• 1 month later...

'Tis the season to.........have a Railtour......Merry Christmas to all. :lol:  :yahoo_mini:  :senile:  :senile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qv4w7E8YaY

Very good video at highlighting the deficiencies in the Hornby Mk2e TSOs even when coupled next to the Lima MK2f representations.

Although the different ride heights don't help matters.

The ex Airfix Mk2d FOs and BSO at the rear (despite their age) still look much very much the part from a general viewing distance.

Bring on the Bachmann Mk2fs.

• 2 months later...

I presume, you have finished, sold and move on ?

No no not at all. Still beavering away with Minsterley...not far off finishing my latest project Minsterley TMD and extension, which will feature pics and vids when I get a bit of time to complete it. That four letter word....'work' ..keeps on interfering though...which is the reason for the lack of activity, lately.  

Been browsing your page Mr. T..and its looking very mouthwatering....those signals are the bees-knees...the one in the tunnel caught my eye....a call on signal with theatre route indicator, if I'm not mistaken?? 

Dave

• Like 1

• 1 month later...