Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Troutons

enginelane

A very rewarding day working with 92 primary kids at the Hepworth Wakefield and winding down by some modelling whilst listening to England playing yet again an "experimental" team.

Added sides and bolsters pieces to create the more open grid that is a feature of this particular type of wagon.

post-9435-0-76631700-1401914172_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The livery is supposed to be the bauxite / brown before EWS etc and this chocolate brown will form the base layer on which to then develop the layers of weathering than has built up. The wagon without ends etc is very simple rugged and hopefully the paint and powders will develop this feel

post-9435-0-06408700-1401917640_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wagon in final assembly and weighted up to 120 gms so should stay on the curves. Load needs to have additional paint, white stripes to indicate where the load should sit and looking at prototype images the end of the bufferbeams have a dirty yellow stripe adding to them. Kadees and all steel carriers need transfers to complete.

post-9435-0-74819200-1402217611_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Detail inside the scrapyard. The crusher is scratch built body on an Airfix tank transporter trailer chassis. The shears is scratch built from plasticard. There are 504 individual cubes of cooking foil. Comments were made that scrap was too shiny but it seems these days the demand is so high that it does not stay in the yard long enough to get really rusty after being crushed but any details re workings of such a yardvarevwelcomed.

Great Thread and layout, can't believe I've missed it until now.

On the Scrap Cubes, I would say that they should be dirty, but not rusty and very smelly! They wouldn't be sat around for long as you mention as their is high demand for this type of scrap. Have I mentioned the smell, there very smelly!

Great Thread and layout, can't believe I've missed it until now.

On the Scrap Cubes, I would say that they should be dirty, but not rusty and very smelly! They wouldn't be sat around for long as you mention as their is high demand for this type of scrap. Have I mentioned the smell, there very smelly!

Looks like it is out with the dirty black. As to smells not sure how that would go down with exhibitors around Troutons!

• RMweb Premium

Looks like it is out with the dirty black. As to smells not sure how that would go down with exhibitors around Troutons!

I suppose it would depend on what you ate for breakfast.

Jamie

Although will not be building until August preliminary drawings to produce the BCA. The coils supplied in the Bachmann BZA used to determine the width, height and depth of the cradle

post-9435-0-56787400-1402252850_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-67155600-1402252863_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 2

A little early morning modelling before work but due to leaving the wagon at the edge if the table and weighted up to 100gm the laws of friction and gravity came into play when I knocked the table and will need a new bogie and side stanchions. When will I understand about the Laws of Physics!

However last of the weathering powders in place along with the white lines on the bolsters to help the crane drivers line up the load

post-9435-0-31618300-1402467335_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1