Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Troutons

enginelane

Looking for to seeing this in the flesh!!!!! :locomotive:  :locomotive:  :sungum:

Yes flesh has been involved - hammer73 kept bashing his head on the lighting pelmet. Need to keep him behind the layout out of harms way other wise expletives deletives may scare young children of a delicate disposition

ok trying to fit everything in this wek not sure if i will meet the deadline to get them ready for Leeds show but trying my best. Now need to do the small detials of putting all the handrails back on and painted,also pick out all the lmap brackets foot plates and fuel gauges etc.

then on to gloss coat and decals.

oh yes the main large grill on the 37 needs blacking out school boy forgot to mask this up will sort.

post-21149-0-01351900-1413785989_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hello Chris

Just been through your thread - some fabulous modelling displayed.

I am particularly interested in your loco resprays as I have started doing some myself. If anything is a challenge it has to be the contrail!

I have tried the lining pen which was not the most ideal result but my last two resprays, I have used 0.5mm masking tape over pre sprayed orange.

Noticed on your Colas batch no cant rail even after black colouring - do you use water slide decal for your can trail or another method you might like to share?

Best regards

John

• Like 1

Hello Chris

Just been through your thread - some fabulous modelling displayed.

I am particularly interested in your loco resprays as I have started doing some myself. If anything is a challenge it has to be the contrail!

I have tried the lining pen which was not the most ideal result but my last two resprays, I have used 0.5mm masking tape over pre sprayed orange.

Noticed on your Colas batch no cant rail even after black colouring - do you use water slide decal for your can trail or another method you might like to share?

Best regards

John

Hello John

yes they are quite tricky and to be fare 2 out of 3 is usually a good score on these .

i mask off using tamyia tapes and spray on the 60's 57's -47's  but the 56's the grills cause leakage so use the fox transfer but i find its taken me some years to nearly get it right.

soak not for long and hold firm one end and the transfer at the correct start point and gently ease away the backing  - or you can hold firm and strech pull the decal accross the loco they are quite robust decals and quickly place it down run over with wet cotton bud and cut off excess with a blade - this i find the best result.

Hi Chris

Many thanks for your response - really appreciated it.

Have just completed 37175 and (jumping the gun a bit) 60002. The Colas colours really suit both locos.

Just managed to acquire another 37/0 to turn out 37219 and then it will be a DBS 60 and 90 then an Eastfield Large Logo 37/0 number 37188.

Best regards

John

• Like 1

Hi Chris

Many thanks for your response - really appreciated it.

Have just completed 37175 and (jumping the gun a bit) 60002. The Colas colours really suit both locos.

Just managed to acquire another 37/0 to turn out 37219 and then it will be a DBS 60 and 90 then an Eastfield Large Logo 37/0 number 37188.

Best regards

John

sounds like you will be busy you will have to send some pics my freind

just applied the decals to the two 60's and will be having hteir forst satin coat tomorrow

post-21149-0-74229200-1414020182.jpg

• Like 3