Troutons

enginelane

Hi I just wanted to say that your locos are brilliant. I've just started doing resprays and was wondering what colour you use on the contrails. Is it dark orange or dark red. I cannot easily get hold of precision or rail match paints but i have dark enamels and acrylics in those colours.

Thanks in advance for any replies

• Like 1

Hi I just wanted to say that your locos are brilliant. I've just started doing resprays and was wondering what colour you use on the contrails. Is it dark orange or dark red. I cannot easily get hold of precision or rail match paints but i have dark enamels and acrylics in those colours.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hello friend

i use only rail match and Precision i'm afriad and yes sometimes the light can decieve ,but its standard rail match ornage.

i either mask off and spray or on some loco maske off using tamyia masking tape and paint in betwwen the fine line created by using two 6mm strips leave a 1mm gap or less if you can.

ok really cracked on with the Lima 60 trying to make it look good enough to run behind a Hornby class 60.

all i need to do now is varnish and add the decalls then two satin sprays ,with getting rid of some of the plastic on the inside nose front ends on the Lima it has fitted nicley onto a fre erunning (no moter )Hornby chassis

Also a few pics of the Horndy Colas 60 with bogie pipework and steps painted, to give it the out of the factory look for this weekend and Pontefract, then grime will be added.

also on pic of the Lima behind the Hornby getting ready for the decals.

post-21149-0-34327500-1421539911.jpg

post-21149-0-82354600-1421539930_thumb.jpg

post-21149-0-25716500-1421539954.jpg

post-21149-0-36112300-1421539967_thumb.jpg

post-21149-0-10368600-1421539979_thumb.jpg

post-21149-0-34258100-1421539994_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Well got the decals applied to the Lima 60 and took a photo of the lima and Hornby 60's the Lima is the top one but once two satins coats applied and the windows put back in this will look ok runnung as a dummy runner behind the Hornby 60 this weekend at Pontefract weather permitting.

post-21149-0-45188800-1421798455_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Well got the decals applied to the Lima 60 and took a photo of the lima and Hornby 60's the Lima is the top one but once two satins coats applied and the windows put back in this will look ok runnung as a dummy runner behind the Hornby 60 this weekend at Pontefract weather permitting.

Hi Chris....really great work here, I hope to catch up with Troutons and the team at Stafford if I can battle the crowds! :yes:

One quick Q, do you use this method a lot, using a super detailed Hornby version up front, then an older version in between? Reading the Modeller article was great, and I picked up on this on a couple of trains. It's a good idea that I may have to steal!

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 1

Hi Chris....really great work here, I hope to catch up with Troutons and the team at Stafford if I can battle the crowds! :yes:

One quick Q, do you use this method a lot, using a super detailed Hornby version up front, then an older version in between? Reading the Modeller article was great, and I picked up on this on a couple of trains. It's a good idea that I may have to steal!

Thanks,

Jack.

Morning Jack

yes it works really well if you had some mesh roof fan grills to the 56's and then the side grills to the lima 60 and hand rails etc.

if sprayed to the same standard and decals applie the lead loco takes the eye and most people never know and not from 2-3 feet away works really well

steel away, glad to help and bonus, its cheaper.

• Like 2

Sorry Jack, we're not booked for Stafford  :no:

We are at Pontefract this Saturday and Sunday though.

Oh I do apologise! I thought I saw it somewhere, oh well! :(

I'm sure I'll see it eventually, not about for Pontefract.

Have a good un!

Jack.