A Highland Light Railway

AndyJH

Hi Andy

I can see you are busy here... all the biscuits are gone  :)

Seriously, get it wired up and enjoy. It doesn't matter if you are running trains, doing scenics or both just enjoy it   :locomotive:

There are plenty of people on here to help you and lots to read and learn if you want to.

PJ

Hi Andy

I can see you are busy here... all the biscuits are gone  :)

Seriously, get it wired up and enjoy. It doesn't matter if you are running trains, doing scenics or both just enjoy it   :locomotive:

There are plenty of people on here to help you and lots to read and learn if you want to.

PJ

Thank for the comments, and wise words :)

• 1 month later...

After a long time without an update, here we are.Electrics and wiring hasn't been started yet, as unfortunately owning my first house i have found several more pressing things which have had to be completed. But i have done some brainstorming lately and im thinking of changing the layout slightly and make it an terminus to terminus layout. This would be achievable by altering one station and adding another one.

Please refer to other photos in this thread for further clarification.

Also by going in this direction, once the layout is moved into the garage i plan to extend the layout and add a further board or two. But that is waiting on the garage been made more suitable. Also it will add in some variation in operating potential, either a mixed goods train, 2 coaches train, autocoach or perhaps a railcar.

Sounds good.

Thanks :). Im hoping i have the space for two run around loops at either end. If not i can always have a switch plate to save space or i can have two sidings and have another loco waiting so i can release the other locomotive. Either way it will make interesting operating potential.

Thanks :). Im hoping i have the space for two run around loops at either end. If not i can always have a switch plate to save space or i can have two sidings and have another loco waiting so i can release the other locomotive. Either way it will make interesting operating potential.

Hi Andy

That's what it is all about, enjoy the hobby and keep it interesting. 

Keep up the good work   :imsohappy:

PJ

Points have arrived and I've got one run around loops set-up, though i need tweak the length so i can get longer trains in. The other end of the line i may struggle to get another run around in, i need a bigger board :)

So the run around loop on the right of the plan has been added, as can be see in the photo below. I also managed to add a siding too, for extra operating potential.

Update_6.JPG

As there isn't alot of space, I may raise the track up so its at some height above the station next to it. I was also planning to put in a scenic divider between them so they are separate, however im usure if this would work.

Could some one give me some suggestions?

*Excuse the photo quality these were off my Iphone

• 1 month later...

After sometime without an updates, here we are:

Update_9.JPG

The idea of a terminus to terminus idea didnt happen, the board just isnt big enough. So its gone back to a continous run, and anyway im not a fan of hand shunting, so running trains it better for me. Hopefully this will be the final version, ive moved the island station over abit so that i can divide it and the engine sheds with some kind of scernary divide.

In the middle of the board i plan to add a small village and perhaps a small 009 railway serving a brewery to some transfer sidings.

Archived