'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Evening Ray / Bodgit,    Well l'm on holiday for a few days, madams at work so l have plenty of modelling time, its great to be working on a layout again, l really enjoyed building the buildings for Bodgit's  'Trebudoc'  never thought l would ever have a layout, but thanks to 'Baron Bodgit' who came up trump's he totally ripped up my efforts and laid the track for a new 'Ashcombe'  so now l want it to look as good as lt can, so l am pinching many ideas from many of the excellent modellers on the RMWeb.

Very pleased George :sungum:

Hello Bob / Al / DonW  Thanks very much for your comments, l want to see this project complete this time, as you all know l seem to lose interest half way thru most of my other projects, thats why l admire such guys like Jason (Bacup) Al (Bakewell) and Ray (Camel Quay) Bodgit (Various layouts) to name a few, they just keep plodding on with their projects to the end..

l can and do make projects for other modellers and see them thru, but when it comes to me and my efforts they all seem to fail, mainly because l don't do any research, l just lay the track and hope for the best, it never works ? thats why now with 'Ashcombe' l intend to put extra effort into seeing this thru to the finish, l have been watching Ray putting all the rodding in for the signals etc on (CQ) so l have a guy coming round next week who was a top signal engineer who worked for BR most of his life, he's retired now but builds signals as a hobby (a very interesting chap) and he is going to show me what signals l require at 'Ashcombe'  :)  :read: .....George

Morning Bodge,   Good luck with the rodding, l will be following suit soon, have to keep on at Ray to post more pictures, also want to make a coal yard office and have a go at some sort of bridge over the fiddle / dairy, so should be busy..

George

Hello Bob, l think its called 'Bodgitism'  it rubs off on you when you get too close to him, and one of the main symptoms are everything you do is at break-neck speed, (hahaha), only joking, its just that l am off this week so l can get things done,

l'm off next weekend so l will be ordering the materials for your project OK ?

George..

Very neat mate, but Its just a shame that the Lamp Brackets come up from the front, it will spoil an awful lot of nice pics, especially around the Bridge and Goods Yard.

Can't it be supported better at the back to eliminate them at the front?

Bodge :sungum:

Very neat mate, but Its just a shame that the Lamp Brackets come up from the front, it will spoil an awful lot of nice pics, especially around the Bridge and Goods Yard.

Can't it be supported better at the back to eliminate them at the front?

George - Could also be supported from the ends, I have seen that done before and it looks a good method.

Cheers.

Bob.

Now theres a point Bob, just need to bin the front two supports, also like Bodgits idea of bolting onto the trestles...

George.   (PS) enjoyed our little chat tonight Bob, we'll come up with something soon.

Last day on holiday so l thought l'd finish off the loco shed, l make the windows using evergreen micro-strip (not perfect but a cheaper way of doing them) all l have to do is weather it....

post-7716-0-86999600-1395312404_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-88930200-1395312409_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-07090300-1395312416_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-69734800-1395312421_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-08150700-1395312427_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-94635100-1395312431_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-72116500-1395312437_thumb.jpg

Cheers Bob, Things will slow down a bit now as l am back to work, started to build the station platforms, also when operating the layout l pull it out into the middle of the room so access is gained all round, trouble is the with the station building l only modelled the viewing side and painted what you can't see black (big mistake) l now need to model the building so you can see all the detail all round, (live and learn)..

George

Cheers Bob, Things will slow down a bit now as l am back to work, started to build the station platforms, also when operating the layout l pull it out into the middle of the room so access is gained all round, trouble is the with the station building l only modelled the viewing side and painted what you can't see black (big mistake) l now need to model the building so you can see all the detail all round, (live and learn)..

George

I think I said that at the time when you were making it. :O

But what do I know about making Buildings. :no:

S all :nono: hhahahahha :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scratchhead:

Yes but these buildings were built for 'Ashcombe Mk1, Mk2 is a whole different ball game since you re-laid all the track, now l can walk 'all round'  so changes have to be made, (do l make work for myself or what) makes a big difference having a layout you can work from both sides, also l moved the DCC control box to the middle so the lead reaches all round...

Pleased as punch  George

(PS)  You may not be into building buildings but you certainly shine in layout design and construction ?

• RMweb Gold

Yes l see what you mean, l will see if l can get some metal brackets supported only at the back...

George

Hi George,

I thought much the same to be honest. I made a pair of cantilever brackets for Orchard Road.

The lights shouldn't be too heavy, well they are 'light'  .... sorry will get my coat!!

Archived