'Ashcombe'

georgeT

Morning Lads,  Yes l guess it is around Swanage, they have some chalk / lime there (l think)

also found some red LEDs so l thought why not, l know they don't fit with a steam layout but they will be hidden in the fiddle yard later..........

post-7716-0-51828100-1394970028_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-17106600-1394970033_thumb.jpg

Morning Lads,  Yes l guess it is around Swanage, they have some chalk / lime there (l think)

also found some red LEDs so l thought why not, l know they don't fit with a steam layout but they will be hidden in the fiddle yard later..........

That's 'posh', buffers with lights in the fiddle yard.

I'd say forget the Chalk/ Limestone, think more of Maytyn Welch's Hursley, with just Grass, Shrubs, Trees, Bushes, and general Foliage surrounding it all.

Andy. :sungum:

P.S. I agree with Ray, that must be the poshest Fiddle Yard I've ever seen, :O 

you'll have it signaled next, :no: hahha.

• RMweb Gold

From my memories of Swanage the Tiily Whim Caves and Old Harry Rocks Chalk/Limestone is OK. Better not post any pictures if you saw how I was dressed then no one would take me seriously again.

Don

Hello Don / Ray / Bodgit & Bob,    Would love to see those photos hahaha, trouble is that the wall of the fiddle yard is upright and too steep for a hillside so thats when l thought about a chalk type of cutting ?

George

Good evening lads, Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, l am really enjoying scratch building 'Ashcombe' l normally get bored at this point but that has not happened, l think its because of the track plan that 'Bodgit' designed for me it has much more interesting movements, where as my other layouts never had, so l got bored quickly,

The fiddle yard has made a big difference in operations, as you can have two trains waiting to come on, l have been operating 'Ashcombe' most of the day between building different things, l find you don't have to touch the stock in the fiddle yard as you use a locomotive to do all the shunting for you, its another layout in its self...

Hello Jack, Yes l don't know why l didn't think of them before, Bodgit did mention them a while back on his 'Kingsley' thread, they are great as you can have the layout at shoulder height, also my computer chair doesn't hit the layout when l move back, as it did when it was lower, £21;99 each at wicks

George

Bought myself some strong trestles today on the advice Bodgit, and l am so pleased with them, much stronger..

Hi George,

I bought some of these last year, as you say the're great to have around the home/garage as they're so versatile. I did find them a bit too big for the car though as once assembled they don't fold too flat so take up a lot of room, at least in my 'less than average' sized car.

Ray.

Hello Bodgit / Ray,  Believe me Andy its rigid a third would be overkill,  l think they are great for use indoors also they would be a bit bulky in the family car on the way to shows etc, (l don't have that problem) so l see were you two are coming from ?

George

Doing shows has taught me that lightness and small space are two of the most important ingredients for show supports.

Just don't try and SIT in the middle. :no:

Bodge :sungum: EDIT = Glad the computer's sorted mate. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Cracking mate really Cracking, I wish I had done something like that instead of Kingsley now, that yard will look the Dogs, (but then look who planned it) I like the loading dock at the end of the Goods Shed.

Brilliant mate. :O

Well done so far. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Bodge :sungum:

George, those trestles are exactly the same as a pair I've got. They're very strong and the height adjustability is a bonus BUT they have a tendency to become stiff or seize after a while. Might be worth keeping the sliding columns WD40'd. I've had mine for a couple of years but made the mistake of storing them in a damp shed for a couple of months and they've never been quite the same since. They look ideal for the job though!

Archived