HSB in the Süd Harz HOm

PaulRhB

Another idea I've been playing with for a while are some random action cards.

I've made them station specific and there will be about 6-8 cards for each station with minor or major actions to do. I've also added a special party coach card that will travel with the coach to one end or the other and then be picked up again later by being inserted into the pack. There will be dice to roll and you only pick a card if you get a 6.

attachicon.gifhsbrac.jpg

Collect €200 when you pass Go then buy another loco ! Roll that dice :))

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

While mulling over the scenery for the middle section I added a schematic so I can work out whether I need a fiddleyard when running Braunlage and Brunnenbachs together to represent part 3. I think it may be more interesting to try it without initially and see how it fares. I can easily add one on quickly if it turns into gridlock at Brunnenbachs during testing.

The red circles represent 'token' sections, and a siding 'locked in' section too, to prevent head on meets and will be placed on a board that allows the operator to claim the section with their token, I deemed this safer than them picking up a token and wandering off with it!

attachicon.gif2016-08 overall plan other way up.jpg

Rather like the Token concept. At my latest Operating Day I had a good friend over who stayed for a few days. On the Second Day after we had had a busy Timetable Session he just wanted to be somewhat Freestyle in Operation. So I implemented a Token System using Felt Pens of different Colours. Each one representing a Logical Section of Line. We ran the system on something like a Staff and Ticket Basis, though once we had started off from the Main Station and got running different ways the Tokens came into their own. Great fun and it worked so very well. However you do need People that can follow Symple Rules like "You do not Drive the Train between here and there if you do not have the Token or the Train following you has it". Of course the Token ended up at different ends of the Sectin. In these instances a Boy from the Station was sent on his Smelly Two Stroke Motor Bike to recover the Token so that the Train could proceede.

JonD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Better get your wallet ready. Tilling say the Harz locos will be released to their dealers in about 7 days or so.

They have an I decorated but otherwise complete model of 222 on display. Apparently no plans for sound as yet but it is sound ready if you want to fit it.

Edited by Chameleon
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Looks like the 2-10-2's have started to arrive but some places have already sold out the first batch as my reservation hasn't elicited a buy now email.

Hopefully more deliveries before February or I may have to try elsewhere and renumber the original order ;)

• RMweb Gold

It should be considered a criminal act to post pictures of such delectably tasty engines in front of those of us who might possibly be led astray having had the pleasure of seeing such things in action

post-6859-0-53775100-1480765282_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Got this one today. It's still DC but I have been inside it. Looks like a pluxx 15 next 18 decoder is required ? Instructions in German though.

I have resisted buying coaches for now but a rake will be obtained.

post-1557-0-44556300-1480775590_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 9