Hornby Drummond 700

Robin Brasher

• RMweb Premium

I guess it IS green but I wouldn't stake my life on it. Put that paint on a steam loco and heat it up a few times, add some coal dust and soot, and you might well be even more convinced it was black.

Definitely green. The gangway cover is a different, lighter, colour than the gangway bellows and the buffer stocks, which are black.

Does anyone know of a source for LSWR number plates and/or builders plates (in 4mm) please?  If not perhaps anyone suitable for commissioning some from?

Edited by Adams442T

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know of a source for LSWR number plates and/or builders plates (in 4mm) please?  If not perhaps anyone suitable for commissioning some from?

Not sure if they stock them but 247 developments ?

Rob

Definitely green. The gangway cover is a different, lighter, colour than the gangway bellows and the buffer stocks, which are black.

I agree. Though, even in daylight, at first glance, it is difficult to discern. 

post-7009-0-41454700-1408057190_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It may just be my computer, but the hattons website is still showing the 5th of September 2014 for me...

Interesting. I've just had a look and it shows the SR and Late BR versions as o.o.a 5th September and the Early BR as o.o.a 14th October.

Definitely at odds with their email to me a while back, which stated the Late BR had been amended to o.o.a 5th December.

Maybe things are picking up?

John

Interesting. I've just had a look and it shows the SR and Late BR versions as o.o.a 5th September and the Early BR as o.o.a 14th October.

Definitely at odds with their email to me a while back, which stated the Late BR had been amended to o.o.a 5th December.

John

We can hope!

I don't want to get my hopes up just yet! Say, September the 5th, when it hasn't been moved back, then I will go hyper! :)

John

Yep, Hatton's small print says it all...O.o.a. They were / are expecting the Blue 2-BIL on or after Aug 8th.

• RMweb Gold

Hmmmm...there's a proverb referring to eggs & chickens,I seem to recall."Dates" in this neck of the woods tend to be subject to "slippage",crystal ball gazing and prayer mat prostration.Switch your plastic to "snooze"....maybe.....or not ? Remember the song from West Side Story..." Somethings coming,something good.....who knows ?"

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

These really do look very promising and a lot better than I suspect many expected after some of the recent new models from Hornby and their "design clever" ideas. If Hornby have found a sweet spot between reducing some detail to keep price increases under control whilst retaining enough detail and a good quality of finish to satisfy most of their customers which looks to be the case just looking at the pics in this thread then they may very well have found a very nice position in the market. £110 for a newly tooled model is pretty acceptable if the model lives up to the promise of the pictures.

Agreed - I wasn't going to bother but it looks really nice. Snag is that both the 2Hal and early 1960s Brighton Belle are due September/October time, too...

Mal

IMHO, that seems to be the main problem with our hobby these days! There is so much new stock coming out, we simply don't have the money to acquire what we want when it comes out!

• 2 weeks later...

The date still hasn't changed on Hattons website, however, I am still not going to get my hopes up!

http://www.ehattons.com/69498/Hornby_R3239_Class_700_0_6_0_in_BR_late_crest/StockDetail.aspx

According Model Railways direct site it will be released on 24/10, also others of Hornby have an later release date

than Hatton's  LNER J15 -15/12 , 42XX -  5/1, 2015 , GWR  'Carphilly Castle"  15/12 so I think Hatton's will reset

the release date soon, first they sent an e-mail to the pre-order customers with the later release announcement

ánd a few days later the site will be changed, I noticed this because happend several times with the pre orders

I placed with them, but you never know sometimes there will happen something unexpected like Bachmann's  

LMS 1F announeced for October but mine is  on his way from Hatton's to me since yesterday, so you never know these days. 

Hmmmm...there's a proverb referring to eggs & chickens,I seem to recall."Dates" in this neck of the woods tend to be subject to "slippage",crystal ball gazing and prayer mat prostration.Switch your plastic to "snooze"....maybe.....or not ? Remember the song from West Side Story..." Somethings coming,something good.....who knows ?"

And that other proverbe "watching kettle never boils".

If we keep watching dates, you will remember that it did not appear on the date it was told and these will quickly create and impression everything arrives late. On the other hand if you look away and say it will arrive when it arrives, when it does arrive, and providing it arrives in a realistic time scale say the first year to 18 months after announcement, you will then think they were pretty good getting it out quickly.

I have two of these on order, and Hatton's are doing them for £109.99,Hornby £109.99 (web site) so no saving from Hatton's?.

On the Hornby site it's £109.99 but...I pre-ordered mine (Late crest) from hattons, and even with £4 postage, the total price was £105.99.

I can only assume that the prices have been adjusted or something along those lines at least...

• 2 weeks later...