Hornby Drummond 700

Robin Brasher

• RMweb Gold

Courtesy: Graham Muz

hornby-700_1.jpg

hornby-700_2.jpg

Not quite "courtesy of" if no permission has been asked to repost my pictures, but as I was going to post a link on this thread to my blog in due course it doesn't really matter. http://grahammuz.com/2014/09/15/latest-on-new-southern-related-model-in-development-and-or-production/

Where were these photos taken Jeffery?

These pictures of the latest Hornby Drummond 700 Class Engineering Prototype were taken with the kind permission of Hornby via Simon Kohler at last weekends RMweb Live show and posed on Alan Paley's Loughborough Road layout.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

HiLux, my blog post linked to above only contains those items Southern related such as the 700, 2 Hal and Hornby/Arnold 5 Bel and also the Kernow O2.

I know Andy took other photographs which I am sure will appear in due course.

• RMweb Gold

I must say these image are spot on. A very nice looking model. Can't wait......though I suppose I will have to.....Ho hum.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

I must say these image are spot on. A very nice looking model. Can't wait......though I suppose I will have to.....Ho hum.

Rob

Agree it looks gorgeous. But the 2-HAL having just landed, a day or two to get one's financial breath back is no bad thing....

That's interesting as in late August another member who is a retailer gave the then expected dates from the Hornby trade website (In the Forum - Where are the Hornby models on 26th August) and all 3 700s were showing as expected in Margate on 14th October. The other releases he gave such as the P2 and HAL seem to be panning out if a bit earlier than forecast at that time.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

That's interesting as in late August another member who is a retailer gave the then expected dates from the Hornby trade website (In the Forum - Where are the Hornby models on 26th August) and all 3 700s were showing as expected in Margate on 14th October. The other releases he gave such as the P2 and HAL seem to be panning out if a bit earlier than forecast at that time.

The dates for these seem to be wandering about a bit. Hattons still have 5th September for two of the 700s (which is clearly not correct unless my calendar is fast!) and 14th October for the other (which might be).

I asked my local stockist if he could clarify things last week and he got the Hornby trade web page up which listed "expected at Margate" 5th December for all three.

John

• RMweb Gold

hi folks, 

I got this message from Hattons today:

We thought you may like to know that an item you have asked us to notify when it arrives into stock, has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Hornby R3238 Class 700 0-6-0 E695 in SR 1920's/1930's livery £101.90

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Friday 5th December 2014

cheers,

Keith

Edited by Keith Lilley

• RMweb Gold

hmm, not sure, I just fill in this bit that is beneath the model description and then I get an update email periodically:

request an Email Notification for when product arrives
  • You will be notified when this item has arrived into stock and is available to purchase.
  • We will only send one email to you for each product, regardless of how many times you sign up for an item
  • There is no obligation to buy.
Email Address:
 Remember my email address

cheers,

Keith

• RMweb Premium

I still have a half-built BEC kit!

If it fancies a ride around the world, I'm using them to make ex HR barneys and CR jumbos, and another 1 or two wouldn't go amiss!

Can't use the new one, as the motor's too high up!

Andy G