Deadmans Lane. Showing off at DEMU Showcase - June 2024

newbryford

Somehow that all looks familiar............. :good:

But I don't recall all that yellowness.............. :D

There wasn't an awful lot of yellow there when I passed by at approx 17:00 today either.

Mind you there was no Warship, Clayton or Baby Deltic, let alone anything in blue and red.

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Your not wrong there, I’ve got to do class 67 handling tomorrow and we are struggling to find any stock for me to take out, so far it’s looking like we can muster a pair of DVTs to plonk between the locos!

Your not wrong there, I’ve got to do class 67 handling tomorrow and we are struggling to find any stock for me to take out, so far it’s looking like we can muster a pair of DVTs to plonk between the locos!

Stella was making a lot of smoke at around 06:45 today, might not work tomorrow ;)

• RMweb Premium

There wasn't an awful lot of yellow there when I passed by at approx 17:00 today either.

Mind you there was no Warship, Clayton or Baby Deltic, let alone anything in blue and red.

You weren't looking hard enough.

Long time resident 92114 in the gap last year - It was still there a few weeks ago.

post-408-0-88352100-1525909714_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It was there, way works 3 behind 73101

I may be able to make derby this weekend if a change of job happens tomorrow, supposedly on the logs but may be on the 67s instead round buxton and back to derby then back out to swinton or Sheffield with them

• RMweb Premium

The layout features in an article in the local Derby Telegraph here

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/massive-model-railway-display-comes-1555585

Of course it looks a lot better than the photos so please come and visit the show today or tomorrow . . . .

Edited by Mike Bellamy

The layout features in an article in the local Derby Telegraph here

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/massive-model-railway-display-comes-1555585

Of course it looks a lot better than the photos so please come and visit the show today or tomorrow . . . .

Derby Telegraph at their usual standard, don't even know where rtc is!

post-1525-0-60810700-1526107688_thumb.png

• RMweb Premium

Looked good and ran superbly every time I tried to look over the heads of the throngs of people along the barriers Mick. Well done mate.

Superb.

Hi Andy

I agree. From where I was  operating the next door layout I could hear the conversations of the punters, quite a few local people recognised where it was based on. Well done Mick.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to all those who came to see DL at Derby today.

Your comments made all the hard work worthwhile.

Day two beckons.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2