From the GBRF facebook event page.

The Bluebell Railway and GB Railfreight will be holding a jointly organised Diesel Gala from Friday 15th to Sunday 17th April 2016. This builds on previous successful diesel events at the Bluebell Railway, creating a fully-fledged multi-loco Diesel Gala.

This is the first of several GB Railfreight events involving passenger trains this year, where the money raised will be donated to charity.

Locomotives will be drawn from a selection regularly used by GBRf and it is planned (subject to availability on the day) to use examples from Class 20, 47, 66, 73/1 and 73/9. Rolling stock will be a mix of the Bluebell’s own coaches and a 4-TC unit kindly provided by London Underground Ltd. An intensive 3-train service for all three days is planned, with evening Beer Trains on the Friday and Saturday.

The lines resident Class 09 loco is expected to be making additional Brake Van trips for a small additional charge.

A selection of Sales stands will be in attendance, including a special GBRf stand where limited edition GBRf 15th Anniversary memorabilia will be available to purchase.

Please see this link for further details www.bluebell-railway.com/event/diesel-weekend/

A full timetable and loco diagrams will be published on their site nearer the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen on facebook pictures of the C class and coaches on their way to London for filming. The formation of the train is: a class 20, the 3 Maunsells, the 100 seater, the Brighton bogie first, the 3 4-wheel coaches, 592 and a class 20. 592 and all coaches are weathered on one side only. The Maunsells are weathered on the left hand side facing London. 592 and the rest of the coaches are weathered on the right hand side.

Edited by Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium

Please remember that the Bluebell and ALL their staff - be they paid or volunteers - are bound by a non disclosure clause included in the filming contract. As such there can be no conformation or discussion over what is taking place whatsoever from anyone involved,so to avoid making life difficult please confine any discussions to things that have been publicly observed.

Film income is very important to Heritage railways and as such it is important not to drive away such activities by going against the wishes of the film company and the Bluebell.

Sticking very carefully to the confines of what was on public view today, here are a handful of pics of 592 sat in platform 1 at Kings Cross.  I have to say, it looks lovely under that roof.

24232312883_52d94fd986_c.jpg

592 Kings Cross 6-2-16 (V26682) by Tim Easter, on Flickr

24232307533_872963f64d_c.jpg

LCDR stock, Kings Cross 6-2-16 (V26696) by Tim Easter, on Flickr

All platforms bar 0 and 1 were fully open to the public and indeed service trains, so a comparison between old and new was able to be caught on a few occasions by those there at the right time.

24859166295_4bc6e5f58c_c.jpg

592 82218 Kings Cross 6-2-16 (V26686) by Tim Easter, on Flickr

I shall look forward to seeing the film when its released.

Cheers,

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Sticking very carefully to the confines of what was on public view today, here are a handful of pics of 592 sat in platform 1 at Kings Cross.  I have to say, it looks lovely under that roof.

24232312883_52d94fd986_c.jpg

592 Kings Cross 6-2-16 (V26682) by Tim Easter, on Flickr

24232307533_872963f64d_c.jpg

LCDR stock, Kings Cross 6-2-16 (V26696) by Tim Easter, on Flickr

All platforms bar 0 and 1 were fully open to the public and indeed service trains, so a comparison between old and new was able to be caught on a few occasions by those there at the right time.

24859166295_4bc6e5f58c_c.jpg

592 82218 Kings Cross 6-2-16 (V26686) by Tim Easter, on Flickr

I shall look forward to seeing the film when its released.

Cheers,

So what does SECR mean in Harry Potter terms?

• RMweb Premium

Dan,

I was thinking the same as I uploaded the photos to Flickr, but it was in a 'Bluebell' folder on my computer that I created some time ago, so i assumed it was in the same batch. I am not sure where I would have taken that photo, Carnforth maybe?

Ian.

• RMweb Premium

Why is it presumed that the C class etc were in King's Cross for a Harry Potter movie? Could it be something else? Maybe a Sherlock Holmes or something?

The Harry Potter spin off was the rumour that was going around around Kings Cross over the weekend. But as that was in post-production at the time so unlikely. (Also set in the wrong time and place as the HP spin off is set in 1920s New York, not WW1 era London as the set dressing suggested).

The according to a few twitter updates at the time, the actor Chris Pine was spotted during filming. At the time he was filming for the 'Wonder Woman' film. (The latest Railway Magazine states that WW is the likely film).

• 2 weeks later...