Class 143 First Great Western

charliepetty

The First Great Western Class 143 are at a Stock Critical Point, so any one who might think 143 FGW would be nice on my layout, then I suggest           BE QUICK IF YOU WANT ONE!!!!

post-3411-0-29231400-1460504260_thumb.jpg

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

How long do Realtrack tend to take to process orders? Just curious because I ordered the FGW class 143 over 3 weeks ago, but my card hasn't yet been charged.

Edited by Kiran

How long do Realtrack tend to take to process orders? Just curious because I ordered the FGW class 143 over 3 weeks ago, but my card hasn't yet been charged.

Probably next week.   As you requested passengers fitted.   Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie, I know you have been working on your next model, but is there plans for the 143/144 in original colours and original bus seats? If so, where would these come in the que?

No current plans for any other liveries.  Sorry.

Charlie needs to wait until there is enough demand for some more models, another run now would probably result in quite a few models sitting in the warehouse for a long time because there is some demand but not enough, flood the market and kill your profit or bide your time and keep the cash flowing.

PS I would like some in 'original' liveries as well.

It is ok to say , stock is at a critical point so order now or you wont get another chance to buy one, they will simply do a re-run of that livery perhaps with a renumber.

Or decide the market has had enough of that livery and do some other ones,there are still plenty of liveries still to be done and they will sell much better than a rerun.

How many people who want one (or two) hasnt bought yet and how many would want another one (or two) in the future, I drive the things for a living and would have to think long and hard about it.

Edit-

One of the 143s at Exeter has got a drivers window with an Arriva blue surround to it,I wonder where that came from?

Edited by royaloak

It is ok to say , stock is at a critical point so order now or you wont get another chance to buy one, they will simply do a re-run of that livery perhaps with a renumber.

You seem to know more than us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Suggest you wait and hope!  Charlie

I have no need to wait or hope, as I have no interest in buying one in that livery !, so I assume you have spent hundred's or a few thousand pound's, for paint mask's and tampo printing pad's for that particular livery, never to be used again.

Don't forget people can buy  item's that have been stored since the original purchase, from Ebay or other site's, that are in as new condition, I admit sometimes they might be slightly more expensive, but bargains can be had too on auction site's.

Do not forget that although you might claim stock is at a critical level, they will still pop up on Ebay and other sites, long after you have totally sold out of them.

I have no need to wait or hope, as I have no interest in buying one in that livery !, so I assume you have spent hundred's or a few thousand pound's, for paint mask's and tampo printing pad's for that particular livery, never to be used again.

Don't forget people can buy  item's that have been stored since the original purchase, from Ebay or other site's, that are in as new condition, I admit sometimes they might be slightly more expensive, but bargains can be had too on auction site's.

Do not forget that although you might claim stock is at a critical level, they will still pop up on Ebay and other sites, long after you have totally sold out of them.

Your statement is 100% correct, but Low Stock does actually mean low stock!   The Paint Screens were used to print the 700 models then thrown out, yes we could do another run of First Great Western but we have no plans to, IF we did more 143s the units would be different running numbers so the last two, and the current numbers 'WILL NOT' be done again, I am going through the last remaining batch checking them out as they are for current orders which have arrived in the last few weeks.

There are no current plans for more Class 143s & 144s over the next 2 years.   'Honest'   Charlie

This is a huge shame. I bought the FGW 143 as to help sales though I have a primary interest in the Wessex Trains Visit Bristol 143 which was originally stated as an aim for 2013 after the FGW in 2012.

Just to assure me, though you do not plan more 143s for the next two years, we shall eventually have Wessex Trains?

This is a huge shame. I bought the FGW 143 as to help sales though I have a primary interest in the Wessex Trains Visit Bristol 143 which was originally stated as an aim for 2013 after the FGW in 2012.

Just to assure me, though you do not plan more 143s for the next two years, we shall eventually have Wessex Trains?

YES if there seems to be a demand.   Charlie

When you do get round to doing more 143s and 144s will you do the original liveries as in T&W and Metro and are you still going to produce a center car for the 144?

Yes probably!

• 1 year later...

I wonder if anybody can help with any suggestions?

Starting today, if I put my 143 on my DCC layout it shoots off at full speed even though my controller has its speed set to zero. All other locos, points etc are behaving correctly.

If i place it on my programming track I can read all the CV without problem. I have tried a decoder reset by re-programming CV8 = 008 and when I read back the CVs I can see it has been reset, but the 143 still shots off at full speed the moment I place it on my layout. I'm wondering if the decoder has failed? But I don't know how to open up the 143 to try a different one.

(nick)

I wonder if anybody can help with any suggestions?

Starting today, if I put my 143 on my DCC layout it shoots off at full speed even though my controller has its speed set to zero. All other locos, points etc are behaving correctly.

If i place it on my programming track I can read all the CV without problem. I have tried a decoder reset by re-programming CV8 = 008 and when I read back the CVs I can see it has been reset, but the 143 still shots off at full speed the moment I place it on my layout. I'm wondering if the decoder has failed? But I don't know how to open up the 143 to try a different one.

(nick)

See here! 

post-3411-0-53895700-1509134623_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-82639700-1509134662_thumb.jpg

post-3411-0-21196500-1509134678_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I finally had some time to open up my 143 and discovered that the decoder's 8 pin plug was not fully seated. The plug must have been raised enough that it was shorting against the metal seat base and providing continuous power to the motor. I re-seated it fully and now everything works as it should. So decoder wasn't faulty I'm pleased to say.