SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Phil you need the switch to break the wire from the bus to the section you want to isolate. You also need the feed rail to have an insulating fishplate at each end. TBH on DC if you have lots of sections in an area the BUS won't save you any wire.

That confirms what Stu said and I modified.....and there I was thinking I was being really clever using a surface mounted BUS in the Fiddle. I might just as well rely on the bloo*y rail joiners in that area.

P

• RMweb Premium

Due too the foibles of RM web over the weekend and having been in Brighton at the weekend visiting Model World, as well as imbibing large quantities of intoxicating beverages CK's post earlier has reminded me that I had 3 sausage and mash for Saturday night's tea, luverly it was too.

Also saw lots of curves, mostly attached to the opposite sex, phwaarrr!!!

Edited by Siberian Snooper
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

All this talk about model railway electrics, I find doing my own layouts easy but to describe to others how I do it is almost impossible. With DC wiring you need one wire for one track and another for the other track. Simples.

And I see Captain K has mentioned that place again, Camborne, see bandits they appeared to have hijacked a bus. :O

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Phil

I might have been able to help with the sparks before it all became confusing, once confusion has set in there is no going back. Sadly I was at the D&E toy train show in Telford, that's right nearly Wales. I looked on all the trade stands none had a Nu-Cast LMS Stanier 3P 2-6-2T kit for sale, odd that as it is a show for diesel and electric modellers.

On the way there I was in the wrong lane on the M6, it cost me 4 pounds to get off the other M6 :swoon: No Map, No Satnav, Not even the sun to navigate with. I just knew the A5 lead to Wales so I should be able pick up signs for Telford. It was when I saw the signs about no kerb crawling in some place I have never heard of (Warsaw I think it was) and the traffic was almost to a standstill I was getting a bit concerned. :resent: 

It was only case of when...

What amuses me is that the original thread dates from Aug 2010 and there was then a 5-and-a-half year gap before an innocent posting yesterday supplying some prototype information. Blue touch paper lit and fizzing from that moment.

Meanwhile, there's a man here doing some ballasting. Must away - I think he might need another cup of ba gum tea.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Due too the foibles of RM web over the weekend and having been in Brighton at the weekend visiting Model World, as well as imbibing large quantities of intoxicating beverages CK's post earlier has reminded me that I had 3 sausage and mash for Saturday night's tea, luverly it was too.

Also saw lots of curves, mostly attached to the opposite sex, phwaarrr!!!

Three sausages is quite acceptable..........three mash is questionable and could lead to a visit to see Matron.

There's no kerb crawling in West Haverford.... there's no kerbs at all.

I have seen some crawling though. Mostly away from The Dog Inn, a questionable establishment where persons,on numerous occasions have been known to end the night on all fours..........

surely, 'there's nice now'

Lord H Averford-West

Strictly speaking should be " There's nice now isnit, look you, bach '

Rob

Edited by nhy581

• RMweb Premium

Three sausages is quite acceptable..........three mash is questionable and could lead to a visit to see Matron.

I have seen some crawling though. Mostly away from The Dog Inn, a questionable establishment where persons,on numerous occasions have been known to end the night on all fours..........

Strictly speaking should be " There's nice now isnit, look you, bach '

Rob

Hi Rob

I quite agree 3 mash is too much but a Cook's double pie and double mash.

post-16423-0-63200700-1456165757.png

Did you know the lovely Cheryl Baker worked in Cook's Pie and Mash shop in Shoreditch. :sungum: :sungum:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Calm down, and I'm so sorry but some sort of 'modelling' has taken place this afternoon. It was really scary and complicated. We are talking here about the proposed Fiddle Yard (FY) tracks.

First I ascended to the loft and looked at some spare bits of track that have droppers attached already (pre used; thank you Shaky: RIP). These needed the droppers changing rails so that they could fit with others already laid along the Fiddle tracks; do not bother asking.

I also had a tiny think about where some isolating switches might go in this area. It was a very tiny think.

I then descended and went to the workshop (Conservatory). No wires or Soldering irons were injured or upset during the transfer of the droppers. I then ascended to return modified track lengths to the FY area. Then I measured a short piece of track that goes from a point (oh, sorry I forgot, that had also had its droppers rearranged but not transferred) to the third down FY track so that I could see the position of the aforementioned modified lengths.

Such fun. I shall take a pic tomorrow to show the scene of carnage. (I may be distracted as Scotsman is supposed to be LE south tomorrow morning BUT I hear it is broken).

There we go. Breathe deeply and take a minute to absorb the enormity of what has just happened. 

Quackers.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

It was only case of when...

What amuses me is that the original thread dates from Aug 2010 and there was then a 5-and-a-half year gap before an innocent posting yesterday supplying some prototype information. Blue touch paper lit and fizzing from that moment.

Meanwhile, there's a man here doing some ballasting. Must away - I think he might need another cup of ba gum tea.

If he's who I think he is a pint of Landlord would be more in his line.

Edit - just seen confirmation on your own topic.

Edited by St Enodoc