RMweb

SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Wot plates mate? I got some wooden ones sometime ago and they were stupidly expensive.

Phil

I just melted several you gave me in the DuckTrakPak... I shall glue them on once the hot bits have cooled down.

#TopTip

Edited by Tim Dubya

I dunno about you guys!  Bunch of doomsayers this AM - all this talk of imminent demise and here am I, probably the least youngest (better than saying oldest), having just bought more stock and enjoying every dusty inch of my twenty year old layout!  When you reach a certain age, things happen or will happen but that is no excuse for giving up what lets you enjoy life or lack of what makes you tick .  Its better to enter the fiery furnace with a smile on your face than worry about toy train trivia.  Many years ago I swapped all my trains for a larger scale mainly because I couldn't see them very well but this enabled me to enjoy a different aspect of the hobby.  (Subsequently, eye surgery restored most of what I was missing).  The scale change wasn't such a huge deal, in fact it was fun to design another  layout which has given me immense pleasure over the years.  So enjoy it all!

Brian.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

All that Peecaboob and Handmade stuff is for people with too much time on their hands.

What you really need is some of this (see below), you don't have to ballast it Coz it's already got a perfectly good track bed moulded on and you don't need to waste too much space, because you can fit a double loop on a 6 x 4 board. Points are available.

Also My Highly detailed Triang Princess runs perfectly well when I set it up on My Granny's Rug :O

attachicon.gifEZYTrack.jpg

That should end the argument and everyone can put their handbags away.

( I really wish I had posted this over there before Andy Shut it down )

Are those Dinghams couplings on those track sections?

I dunno about you guys!  Bunch of doomsayers this AM - all this talk of imminent demise and here am I, probably the least youngest (better than saying oldest), having just bought more stock and enjoying every dusty inch of my twenty year old layout!  When you reach a certain age, things happen or will happen but that is no excuse for giving up what lets you enjoy life or lack of what makes you tick .  Its better to enter the fiery furnace with a smile on your face than worry about toy train trivia.  Many years ago I swapped all my trains for a larger scale mainly because I couldn't see them very well but this enabled me to enjoy a different aspect of the hobby.  (Subsequently, eye surgery restored most of what I was missing).  The scale change wasn't such a huge deal, in fact it was fun to design another  layout which has given me immense pleasure over the years.  So enjoy it all!

Brian.

Quite right too Brian. In fact I've decided that rather than get down about it I'm starting a new website to share my experiences of cocking two fingers at the grim reaper and going for it. it's being developed now at https://101bucket.com

, and I plan to fill it with all sorts of daft adventures, haunts, days out, experiences and musings, plus hints and tips for people who may be tempted to give up.

One of them of course is going to be 'Take up a Hobby' accompanied by many pis of model railways, closely followed by 'Join a forum about your favourite Hobby'

This latter one will of course point out that the best forums enjoy gentle moderation, relaxed banter and a bunch of (getting) old geysers having a larf!

Edited by bigwordsmith
  • Like 2

Is that C100?

Phil

Tis indeed.

One comment on the noo Pecoboo b/head track. I have bought myself a few lengths to have a play with (well you'd expect nothing less of me?) and, lovely stuff though it is, it don't half look a bit odd when you put it up against Peco C.75, mainly due to different sleeper lengths (careful where we're going here!) So would need to think very carefully about having a mix of the two with one running into the other.

Glad to hear that you're not really thinking of that for SOSJ ducky

Not to mention those who are inclined to remind us of their standing in the hobby by contacting Important People direct. Wow.

Well, I live just along the lane from Michael Pritchard, so there!

PS   I haven't asked him about the pictures  .  .  .  .

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Another Mike Harding fan?

Oh yes. I saw him live during Freshers' Week at Leeds University in 1975.

I think that his "serious" songs, such as King Cotton, are very underrated (the same applies to Max Boyce too).

• RMweb Premium

I think that his "serious" songs, such as King Cotton, are very underrated (the same applies to Max Boyce too).

Leeds had a Uni on 1975? Grief.

A. Learner

• RMweb Gold

Who's Max Boyce ?. :scratchhead:

• RMweb Premium

I wish to announce that I have failed to understand almost everything in the DCC Concepts Catalogue except for the how to use two motors on a crossover, however I am seriously interested in certain gadgets that deal with points and amazing looms of wire & connectors and panels and power and all sorts of whizzy things. Most of the gadgets are shiny and look lovely. I may just have to order some.

Philly Billy

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I wish to announce that I have failed to understand almost everything in the DCC Concepts Catalogue except for the how to use two motors on a crossover, however I am seriously interested in certain gadgets that deal with points and amazing looms of wire & connectors and panels and power and all sorts of whizzy things. Most of the gadgets are shiny and look lovely. I may just have to order some.

Philly Billy

Phil, the DCC Concepts stuff is very nice but unless you understand what it is going to do better for you than the way you are doing now, don't order things just for the sake of it.

• Like 1