Model Rail Scotland Feb 21-23

CathcartCircle

Pretty sad that Hornby have decided to pull out of what is the "big" show up here. Not a good decision for their image! I bet they won't pull out of Warley or any of the big shows down south!

As I understand it they are. Maybe not Warley but a couple of others not yet announced.

Dave.

Hornby statement says - 'Due to staff commitments and budget restraints the Hornby Roadshow will not be attending Model Rail, Scotland this year'.

I can understand budget restraints but  staff commitments. How come? They know this show is held the last weekend in February every year so why have they allowed staff to do other things that weekend? My firm would not allow that to happen if we had such a commitment. It appears to be all down to hard cash. If they don't come this year I don't think they will be back at all. Max

Hi. Me and five other members from our model railway club will be flying in from Malta. We'll be there on Friday and Saturday. This is our first show. Looking forward. 

Kenneth

You won't be disappointed ! Enjoy your visit :no: !

Bill.

I feel for Simon Kohler at the moment. Many things beyond his control have occurred at Hornby and if I were him I would be in hiding given the current state of supply etc. In our business we have faced similar issues and you end up in a position where accountants are running the company and making the decisions. I am sure he didn't decide to sink millions into London 2012 product/garbage and stop railway related production while they filled shops with stuff no one wanted? I am sorry that they will not be there and hope for their sake that things get better for them this year and next year?

This news takes some of the shine off what i think many will agree was a pretty surprising and good year of 2015 new line announcements......they boded well for the future, now this?

Still they should know what they are doing.  Id rather see some great new models than the largely same old sales stand with a few train sets on it.......

• RMweb Premium

Curiously Glasgow has escaped the worst of the storms so far. Even tonight I've flown from Belfast to Glasgow on EasyJet without any disruption, while I understand 100mph winds are battering Blackpool. But I wouldn't worry about weather in a weeks time now, but better keeping an eye out from Wednesday next week. Let's hope the whole country get some relief soon, especially if you are one of the poor people who are flooded.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced/EXG/2014/02/22/0000-2359?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

a list of all arrivals and departures for Exhibition centre station on the Saturday of the show

seems to be a few

I think I was planning journey to early before wrestling with my self if I can afford £50 for the train then entry then if I'm lucky enough to find some bargains lol why does this hobby have to be so expensive and addictive.

I Heard from two unconnected source's that at the toy fair Hornby were having a tough time with the retailer's challenging them on the various issues they have at the moment from lack of stock to margins. One source described it as almost needing security to protect staff and other saying it was so noisy they had to ask them to keep the noise down. I think them pulling out has more to do with staff safety and public reaction to them at the moment than anything else and for cost savings I have heard they had paid for attending already so no real saving other than travel and hotels.

• RMweb Premium

Well it's pretty much set up now, a few small alterations made to the floor plan at the last minute but it looks like it's going to be another good show, come and say hello at Jamestown Junction, we're in a slightly different position just behind stand 1 now.

As one of the organising committee we hope you all enjoy the exhibition!

Craig

Hi. Me and five other members from our model railway club will be flying in from Malta. We'll be there on Friday and Saturday. This is our first show. Looking forward. 

Kenneth

Well we had our first trip to Malta last summer. Thanks for returning the favour and come and say hi at North Haston or Scottish Modellers (split personality me!)

• Administrators

If you're visiting the show, please pop along to the BRM stand where you'll find Howard Smith and Ben Jones. We're offering a great subscription offer:

Subscribe for just £9.99 by quarterly direct debit and you'll walk away with:

1 x Gaugemaster Static Grass Starter Kit

25 x Assorted Trees

1 x The Scenery Handbook

1 x Scenery DVD

(Gift worth over £50)

We'll also be selling a mass of DVDs and books VERY cheap, and you'll be able to pick-up a copy of the March issue of BRM. Please pop along and say hello!

Archived