RMweb

Campbell Road - Eastleigh

pitbull1845

Right then, moving on from my crazy moment I have been out in the garage this morning and been playing around with bits... I'm preferring this option. Obviously its not fixed in place at the moment but you get the idea... I still have to sort out the doors too!

post-6849-0-05588700-1401366583.jpg

Been following this layout for a while now - It's got a great sense of space for something that is normally modelled in a claustrophobic way.

Anyway - I'm not a great fan of low relief buildings and would encourage you to pull the building out as you've shown in the latest photo. The way that end of the layout was originally was just too flat and din't took right from most angles.

Keep up the great work.

Mike

Right then, moving on from my crazy moment I have been out in the garage this morning and been playing around with bits... I'm preferring this option. Obviously its not fixed in place at the moment but you get the idea... I still have to sort out the doors too!

Like the idea.

Looks better than the shed did.

Evening,

Thanks everyone for passing comment, nice to see some new faces too. I'm still working on the latest option, I've been in the garage ages but don't appear to have much to show for it.

This is how I've left it for tonight. The sign is attached with blu tack as a temporary fix to give the impression of how its going to be. The sign will be re done eventually.

It's going in the right direction I think, I had already started the doors and they were going to be standard roller shutter ones but  I will look at the link Fairburn attached as well as photos of Eastleigh and see what I can do. I've managed to secure a pass to DEMU on Saturday and as its pay weekend I may bring back some items for the layout/buildings...

'

Don't think I'll get much more done before then as I'm working tomorrow. Anyway, here's the pic. Not much different to the others really.

post-6849-0-64643700-1401400208.jpg

That looks great I was planing on going to Burton this weekend with a visit to the in laws as well but they are coming down here today for a few days so that put paid to that idea please take plenty of photos so I can see what I have missed.

Steve

Evening,

No modelling time tonight, early start in the morning!! Swifty I'll keep my eye out for you, I'll be the short one with two tall people, we blend in quite well though! 

Good luck with your training next week Steve, make sure you go and look at the nice modern trains... How long before a diesel hauled special arrives on your new layout??

I'll do my best with the photos but I'm sure plenty will appear on RMweb. This will be my first trip to DEMU, didn't realise it wasn't that far from Toton. (nudge nudge wink wink Ian) Looking forward to the day out..

Maybe one day Campbell Road and Tidworth will appear together there. :jester:

Evening,

Had a great day with Temeraire and PaulRHb at DEMU, saw some great layouts and caught up with some familiar faces. I did take some pictures on my phone before my battery died! I've left my lead at work so can't upload them today I'm afraid. I may even post a picture of the parking ticket!!

Of course I couldn't pass Eastleigh without popping in, I took a few pictures for reference material. I'm also going behind the scenes next week, managed to get a golden ticket with the Inter-city railway society. Really looking forward to that one. I feel like Charlie Bucket getting into the chocolate factory! I'm hoping I'll be allowed to take photos when I'm there.

The 2 shunters are going to be my next projects I think...

post-6849-0-58607300-1401570332.jpg

post-6849-0-64040000-1401570351.jpg

post-6849-0-07653400-1401570362.jpg

Nice photos!

Being a 57 fan I have to ask what was the number of the 57 in the first photo?

The third is 57310 :)

Didn't see your post so couldn't look out for you! Maybe see you at Warley!

Hi Swifty,

The 57  is 303, funnily enough the same one that resides on my layout. Maybe I need to get one of those yellow covers for it.

Not sure how long its going to be around though if DRS are having them, I may ask on Saturday when I'm there.  

There was a 66 in the spray shed too but couldn't see the number.

Likely a GBRf one. 66722 has very recently been painted there

The coupling bags are just protection I think? I need one too!

I have 312 awaiting detailing, weathering and plates

57301 is still under repair, seems they've pulled a cropper!

Afternoon,

With the financial director reducing the modelling budget quite considerably the final locos are arriving on shed, all ordered before the cuts I might add.

Apparently the funds need to go towards a holiday to Florida!!

So here is the latest to arrive, a current Eastleigh favourite.

post-6849-0-45844400-1401889315.jpg

post-6849-0-00622900-1401889330.jpg

post-6849-0-36522400-1401889354.jpg

Thanks Bob, I was thinking of getting rid of 049 but i quite like them together.

HI Arnie, Thought you'd like 045, I am pleased its arrived at Campbell Road. Might have to get a picture of it SAturday if its shunting around the station. Off to get the orange vests tomorrow! 

Archived