Campbell Road - Eastleigh

pitbull1845

If you're looking for Transrail 37's, might be worth checking an auction site..  I need to pay for a few current scene locos!

I've decided that if I find the golden fleece tomorrow then I will buy it. But the price has to be right. Yellow 31 £100 or less. The hunt is on!

• RMweb Premium

You've lost me there Mick?? I thought Google would be my friend but alas no. :-(

I think he is suggesting that you may make a purchase or two (flying pigs by the way, keep up)! See you in the morning.

Evening,

Well I didn't buy anything at Basingstoke, although I was tempted by a Colas 66. Just as well really as I've had to have a new exhaust for my car which has taken away any modelling funds.

I had a good time at the show catching up with Temeraire, Arnie and of course the Warren Lane crew. Thanks again team for allowing me to play trains and cranes. 

Today I put Campbell Road onto some Trestles that I had purchased from Aldi a while back. Since I've owned  the layout it's just been resting on my old baseboard. The reason I put it on the trestles was to see what it would look like as if was in an exhibition.  With the standard black curtain around it I think it would be ok. I'm not sure it would offer much interest at an exhibition and its not booked for any but I thought I'd give it a go. My layouts have always been against a wall, so it was interesting looking at operating it from behind so to speak!  

I was on the Tower Gateway railtour yesterday so no other modelling progress I'm afraid, and not likely to be now for a bit as I'm back to work tomorrow for 7 shifts..

Cheers

Scott

Once again thanks for the photos Bigbee, I did consider 3rd rail and the jury is still out. It would add to the variety but I don't really have the length to run an EMU.

No progress on the layout, but I have got a few days off work now so I'm hoping to get a bit of time on it.

Welcome aboard Rammy, We'll have room for your Freightliner locos here...

I'm after some advice team, if you don't mind. forget all the unfinished scenic's, I'm after your opinion on the yellow crane. Yes or no? Fell free to use the agree/disagree.

post-6849-0-33029900-1395092496.jpg

post-6849-0-44283600-1395092511.jpg

A final shot of my latest addition, at Eastleigh depot there is an abandoned yellow recovery vehicle, so I thought I'd have one. Not the same type but I'm hoping to make it unloved as best I can. Mirrors to be added at some point.

post-6849-0-32019300-1395092721.jpg

Yes I would agree the crane does look ok there you might get a better picture when the building is complete(backscene).Let me know when you are ready to Exhibition it i will see if I can get to one of ours

Steve

Thanks everyone, looks like the crane is staying... I renumbered the 60 and 57 last night, next step is to weather them and I'm probably going to have a go at it myself! I think the plan will be less is more... I've been watching a few "how to" vids on youtube, they make it look so easy..

I have had a dabble before but I think I over analyse it, and strive for perfection however my ability doesn't allow it.. 

Thanks again for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Evening campers...

Just a small update, I've started work on the backscene. This is just the beginning, I hope to add a lean to building, pipes and all sorts, Thanks to the behind the scenes pictures posted on the previous pages I'll be using those as a reference.

37605 arrives light engine.

post-6849-0-38802200-1395871514.jpg

post-6849-0-54121500-1395871566.jpg

Seen here with 57303 getting a top up.

post-6849-0-18451000-1395871529.jpg

post-6849-0-23765400-1395871551.jpg

Archived