BRM - March 2014

SteveCole

Interesting to see BRM are inviting a team to take over an N gauge layout and build it up a la BCB...is that going to appear on here somewhere (or indeed have I already missed the announcement?!)

Personally I'd love to see someone who'd on RMweb take it on with a club or fellow modellers so we can follow its progress.

• RMweb Premium

Personally I'd love to see someone who'd on RMweb take it on with a club or fellow modellers so we can follow its progress.

Any chance of you providing us with some detail in another thread ie size/history/trackplan etc for perusal by interested parties or do we have to go back through the magazine address?  It's unlikely I'd be volunteering to do any actual modelling but I do have a lot of stock which might be helpful if others took it on...

Thanks

David

Hello

Thanks to all concerned for featuring my little layout of Brixworth Station. After it's final appearance at Glasgow next week it will be retiring to Buckinghamshire. Paul Bason's photographs are, as ever, magnificent and though the sky has been shopped it is probably an improvement on my original back-scene. The only error is in the Owner Factfile where my RM Web name has been altered to Martin Wales, my apologies to him. I have been, and and still am, Bedlam George.

Cheers

George

I have no problem with 'amended' backdrops to layouts, as they finish the scene off nicely and hide any detritus that would have been in shot otherwise. The thing I do think detracts from layout pics is "smoke"" added to steam locos. To me it makes the whole thing scream, model, without adding anything approaching realism.

steve

It's only a thought but those who want to see '60s diesels on a top notch ECML layout could always build such a layout and stock it with green diesels according to their own tastes.

I've a feeling I know roughly what response would come from John Houlden if he were asked to run paraffin burners on Gamston Bank.

• RMweb Gold

It's only a thought but those who want to see '60s diesels on a top notch ECML layout could always build such a layout and stock it with green diesels according to their own tastes.

I've a feeling I know roughly what response would come from John Houlden if he were asked to run paraffin burners on Gamston Bank.

Gee thanks, very friendly.

So therefore we keep our noses out of other peoples business and just run our own layouts, and the owners of such layouts wouldn't be amenable to a bit of cross fertilisation?

Mike.

Gee thanks, very friendly.

Based on the attitudes to steam of many diesel modellers I've met, I'd say my words were glowingly friendly. At best, I think diesel locos ought to be welcome on leading traditional ECML layouts just as soon as all the diesel modellers in Britain remove the mesh fencing, scrap yards and graffiti from their layouts, replace the track with chaired bullhead rail on scale sleepers, and fit pre-nationalisation semaphore signals throughout.

• RMweb Gold

Based on the attitudes to steam of many diesel modellers I've met, I'd say my words were glowingly friendly. At best, I think diesel locos ought to be welcome on leading traditional ECML layouts just as soon as all the diesel modellers in Britain remove the mesh fencing, scrap yards and graffiti from their layouts, replace the track with chaired bullhead rail on scale sleepers, and fit pre-nationalisation semaphore signals throughout.

Keep digging.

Mike.

• Administrators

Over a week since the issue is in the shops and my first (and last) subscription copy still hasn't arrived. I cancelled via a web form last weekend but did expect that I would receive a reply saying that my cancellation had been noted. But nothing. The subs department managed to quickly set up a direct debit but obviously cannot do anything else.

So one lost reader due to bad customer service.

Apologies for this. Would you mind sending me a PM with your details so I can check what's happened?

Archived