Rob's Painting, Lining and Weathering

I have been a bit lax at updating this thread recently but I thought that I would add a few of the things that I have been weathering over the last few months or so. These have appeared on my workbench thread but I appreciate that not everyone looks at every bit of the forum.

Starting with a couple of the old Three Aitch wagon kit's that I bought not really knowing what they were - read how crude they are by today's standards....

It's a bit photo intensive because I was quite pleased with how they turned out in the end.

IMG_0151_zpsbuh2dbv8.jpg

IMG_0156_zps3qmksnlq.jpg

IMG_0161_zpsrfioypzo.jpg

IMG_0169_zpsdz7g3n1u.jpg

IMG_0178_zpseca1fljx.jpg

IMG_0193_zpsus6retag.jpg

IMG_0198_zpslk2piryi.jpg

IMG_0203_zpse9mtpzsa.jpg

IMG_0223_zpsl9mjpev3.jpg

IMG_0218_zpsizvb20pk.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I have been experimenting with photo stacking for some time using the free software 'CombineZP' but only recently have I played about with changing the point of focus.

Here are some of my experiments using a couple of timber and ore wagons

Using a Canon 350D, first I used the manual point of focus setting for the following shots. They were then stacked using CombineZP.

IMG_2959_zpsb9pbym4n.jpg

IMG_2938_zpsp76p2mym.jpg

IMG_2969_zpsxlpirb16.jpg

Unfortunately there are only 5 manual focus points on the horizontal plane (there are only 3 in the vertical plane) and for some reason I cannot seem to select the one on the extreme left (unless it is selected but the LED has died). This means that some of it is out of focus.

The last photo is taken using the cameras Auto Depth of field function and then 6 shots stacked.

IMG_3040_zpsf9a3akgt.jpg

It has turned out to be the best of all of them.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hello Rob, just found this thread, very much enjoyed reading through it! I don't weather my models but I appreciate others' work - there's some superb modelling there. The first NE van, that's a wonderful transformation, I did a double-take and went back and looked at the sequence again :).