Crewe//Virgin no trains from Euston/Basingstoke Signalling

Oh dear... :O

Dad's just text...he's stuck on a north bound Pendolino stuck just south of Crewe and they've been informed of this and that a diesel ( most certainly a 57) will pull them...either back to Stafford or North to Warrington...any spotters around Crewe??

Thanks

Jack.

Virgin Trains said in a later tweet: "We are advising all customers not to attempt to travel. Customers already on services will be taken to the nearest station." … BBC

It also said all services out of London Euston were suspended until further notice due to adverse weather.

BBC 18:40: Here's the latest from Network Rail on the West Coast Mainline:

• Commuter trains are running out of Euston to Birmingham and Wolverhampton. Most will have delays
  • Virgin fast services are still suspended out of Euston
  • There are no services north of Nuneaton
  • Trees on the line and downed electric wires are causing problems at Lichfield, Stafford, Stoke, Crewe, Macclesfield, Stone. Engineering teams won't go in until the wind dies down and it's safe

• RMweb Gold

Theres the landslide between Woldingham and Oxted blocking the lines to East Grinstead and Uckfield whihc has been going on since Monday and will last till after the weekend. Buses running to numerous stations on the Brighton main line and trains running half hourly between London Victoria and Woldingham.

Seems that the signalling fault at Basingstoke is resolved: just left! The aftermath of this and a fallen tree at Shawford are still causing delays but the service is recovering.

Adam

Somewhere near the Battledown flyover...

With the GWML having major issues in the Thames Valley one of the alternative routes is via Basingstoke as the route via Staines is problem at the moment so with problems services at Woking a perfect railway storm has occurred!

On the positive side the rail operators appear to be working well to help each other and helping passengers as best they can in this difficult period

XF

• RMweb Gold

i've had a wierd day, been pass crewe to didcot, worked a train back to bescot via nuneaton then back to landor st and have barely seen any adverse weather at all, we seemed to skirt round the edge of the storm all day, our train was delayed into didcot so we went to sainsburys for a coffee and thats where we experienced the only bit of heavy rain all day.

i checked twitter before i left bescot and saw that crewe was shut, virgin had thrown the towel in and LM were disrupted between brum and wolves so asked for a taxi back from saltley to crewe and am now currently sat in an 11 mile tailback just north of stafford due to an accident at keele!

RANT TIME........ the matrix' above the motorway between wolves and stafford have been advising that the M6 was shut at J20 (thelwall viaduct) and there were high winds but not one mentioned any problems at J15 otherwise we could have diverted off and gone via the A51 past stone, so far been sat here 40 mins and moved 1/4 mile

not a happy bunny

• RMweb Gold

finally got home at 22:30, 2 3/4 hours from birmingham to crewe

passing the front of crewe station i think had i gone by train i'd have been no better

i believe the train i got off at saltley at 19:45 is still sat in bordesley due to a power failure in banbury amongst other route problems

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/H65407/2014/02/12/advanced

supposed to work it back north from didcot tomorrow morning, don't think thats going to happen

Archived