Hornby APT

CathcartCircle

• RMweb Gold

Were you responsible for the APT "Bubble car" with a double ended single car unit on eBay a month or so ago? I thought it looked great and meant to bid. There's enough bits in there to make another...

no, just a full 14 car rake in my APT fleet, Often been tempted to do some sillies with the rest but more important things to do at the moment - layouts to work on first!

Andi

• RMweb Gold

The tooling for the APT is still at Margate. 

However, I would love to see a re-tool

"As with all companies these days there is someone who is employed to look after the well being and safety of the staff.  These people are continually alert for any form of danger in the work place from a risk assessment point of view. And so it was when I enquired how the locating and the packing of the APT tools was progressing I was informed that because of Health & Safety it was impossible to move the tools. The reason given was that it was just too dangerous!! The fact that in the past hundreds of tools had been picked, packed and shipped to China made no difference. It was just not logical but the H&E would not budge! I was dumb struck; there was just no arguing with the man.  He was emphatic.  I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry, I just simply turned around and walked away!  Later that day I removed the APT from the 2012 range!"

http://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/simonsays/a-very-apt-occasion/

Archived