Bachmann Collectors' Club Spring 2014 limited edition models.

Paul.Uni

I've just spoken to Bachmann; there had been a systems glitch over the weekend and the 9J hasn't quite sold out yet - a few minutes ago there were still 29 remaining so if you do want one get in quick as I'd say that's only a few days worth at this stage in the proceedings.

As lovely as this 9J is I don't happen to be in the market for it, but nevertheless I really appreciate the dialogue (and the photographs) here.

Had I been reliant on 'old school' mail order, waiting for the magazine to arrive (it showed up last week) and then sending in a paper form by return mail, I doubt I would have been able to place an order for this in time without the web and in particular RMweb.

I did wonder whether the next BCC loco in 00 would be a rerun of the SECR Wainright C  in the full livery .A new run of C's is in the next loco slot for around the time of the next magazine  and it could be fitted in along with the green later livery and the Southern black and green lining .After all  birdcage coaches are expected  later .The other next locos are a 1F and a LBSCR  E4 and modified Hall and pannier 64XXX.i finally succumbed and ordered  a  9J.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spet0114

Finally got my hands on the J11 I'd bought.

Absolutely superb little model - very pleased!

Cheers

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Bachmann Collectors Club announce a pack of two 00 Scale MK1 Coaches in "Sealink" livery comprising 1 x BSK  1 X SK priced at £74.99 + £4 P&P. Available to buy now. It's nice to note, that supply is limited to only ONE set per member.

According to the description in the latest Bachmann Times, 17 Mk1's were painted in Sealink livery, 14 X SK and 3 x BSK.  Were there no MK1 CK's in Sealink livery ? perhaps someone could confirm that or otherwise ?

AFAIK these coaches mainly ran in fixed rakes ? so ideally more than two would be useful. Hopefully further examples may be produced in the future, as these will more than likely sell quickly.

I can confirm that Bachmann Collectors Club has not supplied any of these products to any retail customers for resale. Although there have been discussions elsewhere about retailers having a tough enough time I personally feel that it's inappropriate to offer these items at a significant premium compared to the price generally available at source. I feel it shows a lack of respect towards the consumer.

Even if you're not a club member it's a hell of a lot cheaper to join and buy!

Annual Bachmann Collectors Club membership (inc quarterly mag and annual calendar, club wagon and invites to events where appropriate) =£27

Sealink coach pack = £74.99

P&P = £4

Total = £106.99

And yes; they're still in stock at Bachmann.

Olivias = £140 +  £5 P&P  :O

• RMweb Gold

Neil Bishop makes a habit of selling things on at a hefty mark-up and it's not just confined to Bachmann Collectors Club.Scarce items seem to fly there like iron filings to a magnet.Reminds me a little of post war shortages and individuals who were in the know and could get anything from off-ration butter to nylon stockings for you .......at a "black market"price. They often frequented street corners.....and had a collective nickname.

I give up. Let me spell it out...

It was said in sarcasm, irony.

Strewth, time to move on, that models been resold on ebay probably 3 times since then.

Until its Bachmann making a Galatea in its currently livery, none of it really matters to me.

You will of course have to wait for Bachmann to produce the long firebox version before a model of Galatea will be possible. However I do know a source of the previous split chassis version limited edition of Galatea in unused condition. However it is LMS Crimson Lake!

• 9 months later...

It might not necessarily be one of the latest release models, things like the Class 37 and 47's will have enough one-off liveries and specials to keep them busy in limited editions for years

Large Logo Class 47's have got to be a bit under-represented in model releases so I'll cross my fingers for an Inverness Large Logo Class 47!!!

Same me want Inverness large logo class 47 with badge depot of stag and highland rail too

Archived