Bachmann Collectors' Club Spring 2014 limited edition models.

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Premium

Assuming the models will be available to ship immediately, it's quite difficult to guess this time, at least any locomotives in OO. The only recent new loco arrivals are the J11 and Class 40, the main production runs of which could have had limited editions added. 40145 as preserved in LL Blue would be an option but isn't that already promised to the CFPS?

As long as they're not yet more Eastern prototypes or in LNER Apple Green...

It might not necessarily be one of the latest release models, things like the Class 37 and 47's will have enough one-off liveries and specials to keep them busy in limited editions for years

Large Logo Class 47's have got to be a bit under-represented in model releases so I'll cross my fingers for an Inverness Large Logo Class 47!!!

• RMweb Premium

It might not necessarily be one of the latest release models, things like the Class 37 and 47's will have enough one-off liveries and specials to keep them busy in limited editions for years

Large Logo Class 47's have got to be a bit under-represented in model releases so I'll cross my fingers for an Inverness Large Logo Class 47!!!

I agree it might not be one of the latest releases, but Bachmann only produced limited editions as add-ons to production runs of standard releases. So it really needs to be a variation on something that has recently appeared in the shops.

That would be nice.

While I know the BR era is more popular, it is slightly annoying that Bachmanns LMS releases of this and the compound are plain wartime black.

Why should you find historic accuracy annoying? The wartime utility liveries were extant for the best part of a decade, and for those who wish to model the closing years of Era 3, and the early years of Era 4, they would be a natural consequence.

PB

• RMweb Gold

Why should you find historic accuracy annoying? The wartime utility liveries were extant for the best part of a decade, and for those who wish to model Era 3, and the beginning of Era 4, they would be a natural consequence.

PB

Though for those who want wartime utility liveries its a damn sight easier to spray a lined crimson loco black than it is to fully repaint a black loco in lined LMS crimson!

• RMweb Gold

Given that the suggestion of a SWTrains 450 Model Rail special edition was not mentioned in the latest edition of Model Rail - despite there being an article on painting the 350/1 by Dave Lowery - and that Ben Jones has moved on, maybe Bachmann have decided to do it themselves for the Club. Just hoping it happens one way or the other.

Godfrey

• RMweb Premium

My guesses would be, based on recent production:

J11 in Great Central livery

40 106 in green with full yellow ends complete with a pack of "Atlantic Conveyor" nameplates to represent the loco as preserved

an exclusive Collectors' Club 25th anniversary wagon

• RMweb Premium

Why should you find historic accuracy annoying? The wartime utility liveries were extant for the best part of a decade, and for those who wish to model the closing years of Era 3, and the early years of Era 4, they would be a natural consequence.

PB

I know its accurate - however plain black is no use if you wish to model the era BEFORE WW2 when passenger rated engines were lined black or if we go back further lined maroon. They also simply look more 'atractive' in my opinion and given the success of colourful liveries like the C class and the totally factious yet attractive Prussian blue 4F, something more interesting than plain black would surely sell well.

If you really want to be pedantic then I would point out that Bachmann's initial advertising for both the Lanky tank & the Compound give the LMS liveries as 'LMS Black' which is a bit ambiguous given said models, being passenger rated engines could carry either ' LMS lined black' or 'LMS plain black' depending on whether we are talking pre or post 1939

• 2 weeks later...

Archived