The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Roy Cropper is missing?

great central

Don't normally watch Constip Coronation Street, but on Monday I was channel hopping and came in on the scene in the caff.

Watching it for a couple of minutes I gathered that our 'colleague' has gone missing following the death of his wife, can't avoid being aware of that, it's been in every newspaper for ages!

Whilst watching, one of the other characters opened a parcel addressed to Roy and pulled out a model building. Can't believe I'm the only person to recognise said building? Unless I'm mistaken it was a model of the 'old' steam age Woodhead station building.

Now putting two and two together I reckon he's somewhere in the Woodhead area, gone there to be alone with his thoughts for a while, rather than put up with constant 'sorries etc' he would get in soapland. Either that or he's gone to see someone with a model of Woodhead.

While we were at Wakefield show with Netherwood Sidings, last year, we were told that the researchers were looking for an O gauge Woodhead based layout. We know no more than that, perhaps they wanted the actual Woodhead station area rather than a layout based on the route?

Note; I won't be watch it to see if I'm right, not watched it since Ena Sharples demolished the viaduct (or something like that!) 

Perhaps he'll turn up at the Nottingham show next month to see the newly extended N gauge version of Woodhead....?

(My fat fingers have just hit the wrong letter on my smartphone screen, and spookily it suggested "Appendages" instead of "Woodheaf"...

Archived