Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Temeraire

Hi Peter, I can answer that as it's my one.

It's the £25.99 version here

http://www.finescalemodelworld.co.uk/static-grass-applicators-19-c.asp

Thanks Paul,

That  looks alright. there seems to be two types. One I saw on ebay was the cup type but I suppose at the end of the day they do the same thing.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Ian and I both used a paper cone taped to the bottom to give a narrow spout like the noch one comes with and there's no reason for big areas not to make a container that increases the capacity of fibres. You can just find a suitable tube or make one from card and sit it in the sieve and tape it to it temporarily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Afternoon all

Tidworth has been set up for play the last week or so and tonight is due to be visited by some of RMweb's finest in the shape of pitbull and Beresford jct plus a possible appearance of Hampshire Hog. Just had a play with taking pics with the iPad as my camera is elsewhere so one or two pics to see how they come out on here.

post-6922-0-94358500-1435248718.jpg

post-6922-0-68182500-1435248740.jpg

post-6922-0-80111800-1435248752.jpg

As you know I've been playing with static grass recently but the track/ballast has also now been weathered down with paints to pretty good effective think? I maybe just need to add a little more black where the locos tend to stand around for periods of time. Off to have a bite to eat before firing up the layout and making sure all is well before the visitors arrive, perhaps there will be more pics later whilst we're "playing"

• Like 15

Off to have a bite to eat before firing up the layout and making sure all is well before the visitors arrive, perhaps there will be more pics later whilst we're "playing"

Yes please Ian. Looking great, BTW.

Hi Rich

Many thanks for your comments, but I have to admit that both the thumper and 4TC aren't mine but on loan from RMweb friends!

However, both I'm pretty sure are DC kits and relatively easy to construct I am told. I have a Bachmann thumper awaiting painting and finishing including a third coach and may have my own 4TC at some point too.

You maybe able to come and say hello next July (2016)!

Are you heading down into the West Country in 2016 then? :)

Hi Guy's great to see you had such a nice evening, that's one thing George T and I miss is an evening running  / coffee session as we used to do when we lived closer to each other down South, Gosport / Waterlooville. It makes all the difference to seeing how other people operate your own Layout and I find that at Shows, when I went for a break and came back my other operators had different ideas to me and that make a refreshing change sometimes.

Enjoy and more pics please.

• Like 1

Yes Thanks Ian and Phil for a pleasant evening. The only thing they've forgotten to mention is that tonight was its last appearance in the NSE guise.

It's now going current scene!

attachicon.gif20150625_194238_resized.jpg

Nice try Scott,

But I can't see Ian selling off his class 50s. The layout is looking good, glad to see you all had a good time playing trains.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nice try Scott,

But I can't see Ian selling off his class 50s. The layout is looking good, glad to see you all had a good time playing trains.

Cheers Peter.

Morning Pete

Not a chance of getting all modern, them sheds just don't cut it do they!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Richard did ask if I was interested in coming to Barnstaple next year and I didn't say no.

As soon as I receive confirmation of hall booking, then invites will be going out!

Need to get this years show finished first!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

As soon as I receive confirmation of hall booking, then invites will be going out!

Need to get this years show finished first!

Cheers Richard I'll be over to see you at this years show as well as I'm down that way camping that week, did you decide which date it would be?

Edited by Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

I didn't take any pics last night as it turned out but I've had a play this evening and snapped a few for your enjoyment!

post-6922-0-50461100-1435340891.jpg

37671 waits for the incoming Temeraire to depart the yard.

post-6922-0-83796100-1435340906.jpg

Tre Pol and Pen having departed 50003 runs round its stock.

post-6922-0-09372400-1435340922.jpg

Temeraire awaits time and a path as 33108 ambles in with a short rake of empty ballast wagons.

post-6922-0-88387700-1435340936_thumb.jpg

The 33 waits in the loop for the shunter and 47187 has returned from the sidings at Ludgershall after depositing its train, and now prepares to leave with the UKF empties.

post-6922-0-41528800-1435340951_thumb.jpg

The shunter has moved the ballast wagons and 33108 has moved up to to the ground signal, as you can see 47187 has the road instead.

post-6922-0-73606100-1435340966_thumb.jpg

33108 now powers away with the all clear.

post-6922-0-06390200-1435340982_thumb.jpg

The Crompton reappears a while later having collected some MoD wagons from the Ludgershall sidings.

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Richard I'll be over to see you at this years show as well as I'm down that way camping that week, did you decide which date it would be?

Will be good to see you there Ian !

Looking at last Saturday in July (31st)....

Morning Pete

Not a chance of getting all modern, them sheds just don't cut it do they!

Hi Ian,

They don't but having said that I quite liked the class 70s, though it not enough to make me change my time period.

The layout is looking great by the way.

Cheers Peter.