Temeraire

Having fun running TIdworth today with Ian, Chris and Stuart - less shorting than usual, although I did spend 30 mins doing a rather convoluted shunting maneuver.

In the mean time, a couple of visitors - at least they're roughly the right era....

attachicon.gif20151017_093741.jpg

attachicon.gif20151017_101612.jpg

If you are visiting the show, please pop by and say hello.....

Phil

Nice Pics Phil - Who's kits are the MOD Wagons please.

Cheers, Bob.

• RMweb Premium

Nice Pics Phil - Who's kits are the MOD Wagons please.

Cheers, Bob.

Hi Bob kits are the Genesis ones but these are actually not mine but on loan from Kevin (Leaford layout), I have some to build myself in the pile of things to do though!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Liking the military train very much!

Is that the new Dutch 37 ? How's the sound ?

Hi Rob it is the new Bachmann sound fitted 37 that Phil brought with him. It sounds okay but needs some experimentation with the settings to make it 'drive' better. We were playing around with them at the end of today and will have another go at tweaking them tomorrow.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Evening all,

Day one over and the layout behaved it self all day thankfully, a big thank you to Phil, Stu and Chris for your help and company and hope you enjoyed the opportunity to perform in front of an audience! 

117045697_145_Obs73_171015.jpg.6d5c3326efe0ef81b9a2107923e9a39e.jpg

Lunchtime today and the inspection saloon from Leaford lays over with 73129 providing the power.

146_47706CC_171015.jpg.0fae6ba408503593ec55278b6dfeddec.jpg

Shoveduff 47706 draws the slurry tanks forward for filling.

Look forward to another good day tomorrow when we will be joined by Arnington from these parts.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 15

Hi Bob kits are the Genesis ones but these are actually not mine but on loan from Kevin (Leaford layout), I have some to build myself in the pile of things to do though!

Thanks Ian - I see they still do the Warflat. but can't find the Warwell, has it been discontinued ?.

Cheers, Bob.

Had a great weekend operating Tidworth at the Christchurch show. Many Thanks to Ian, Phil, Chris, Paul & all for a good one.

Only managed to get a couple of half decent pics on my phone, but this time from the "Signal box" side.

50003 waiting to depart, & the Class 117 on passenger with 50046 on DCWA Working.

Look forward to Basingstoke 2016

Cheers,

Stu.

post-5142-0-05681200-1445191806_thumb.jpg

post-5142-0-51553000-1445191814_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Well Tidworth was back in the conservatory by 6pm tonight after a good journey home. Many thanks to the Christchurch Club for inviting me to show Tidworth and a big thank you to all the fellas that came and operated this weekend, Phil, Stu, Chris and Paul. The layout will have another house move before it's next show in March in Basingstoke, but in the meantime a couple of pics from today.

147_50036_181015.jpg.f06ad7987787e040cc23b6bc66179a68.jpg

50036 arrives with the loco hauled set this morning.

148_50036_181015.jpg.cda632ce8f298676e340e52b7cb2af54.jpg

'Vicky' has completed the runround and now awaits time at the platform.

Both the above are especially for Grimley as I know he has a soft spot for this loco.

149_33030Fuel_181015.jpg.f982e95b0f90108482e4c4bea7ed612f.jpg

This afternoon the sun was shining on the layout through the windows for an hour or so, 33030 basking in the sun on the fuel road.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I was lucky enough to see Tidworth for the second time this year at Christchurch (first time at Wimbourne) - it always fasinates me

Hi Delboy were you one of the fellas I spoke to or did you stay incognito?

• Like 2

Hi Delboy were you one of the fellas I spoke to or did you stay incognito?

Incognito for this show, it was a bit of a last minute decision to attend, literally heard about it 1/2 hr before i arrived on local radio, i spent some time observing whilst mulling the purchase of an M7 steam engine...............which i bought.

It was nice to see the layout in the flesh after reading the build thread

• RMweb Premium

Looks good Ian,

So how are you enjoying exhibiting? Stressed...

More pics please

Jeff

Sorry Jeff missed this last night.

No not stressful this time as I knew the layout worked okay last time so quite enjoyed it really.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 1

attachicon.gif147_50036_181015.jpg

50036 arrives with the loco hauled set this morning.

attachicon.gif148_50036_181015.jpg

'Vicky' has completed the runround and now awaits time at the platform.

Both the above are especially for Grimley as I know he has a soft spot for this loco.

Some lovely photos of what appears to have been a great weekend at Tidworth. Thanks Ian, I do rather like Victorious!

Always great to see some Large Logo Hoover action!

So much quality traction to be seen!

• Like 1