Temeraire

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Your station building is absolutely stunning, excellently made.

Each time I look at your building, it just reminds me so much of Bescot just off Junc9, M6. (See Attached Two Photos)

I'm taking it as scratch built, if so, did you base it on anywhere particular... because it looks really nice, I have to say.

post-5212-0-60783700-1518491027_thumb.jpg

post-5212-0-47933100-1518491049_thumb.jpg

Managed to dig a couple of photos out, that's why your station building looks so good and lifelike, when I see the Bescot version.

Look forward to seeing more of your layout buildings etc...

Jamie

Edited by 7APT7
  • Like 1

Funny... searching through my photos to find some good close up's of the building...

I've only just noticed that Bescot had a small refit between the two photos, I notice the door handles are Green in one and Yellow in the Other, the Photo Dates are Bescot 05Oct2014 (Right End Nearest with satellite dish on the side) and Bescot 24May2009 (Left End Nearest in the shade more)

Regards

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jamie

It funny you should think of Bescot, I took lots of pics of it when I was planning the layout! It was definitely used as inspiration as well as Hedge End station near Southampton which I also spent time looking at. In the end I used the Scalescenes download and built it the opposite way around to give the station entrance at the end I wanted. It was also stretched by an extra 20mm and the cardboard overlaid with plasticard sheets on the roof and walls to give relief and extra strength.

Hi Jamie

It funny you should think of Bescot, I took lots of pics of it when I was planning the layout! It was definitely used as inspiration as well as Hedge End station near Southampton which I also spent time looking at. In the end I used the Scalescenes download and built it the opposite way around to give the station entrance at the end I wanted. It was also stretched by an extra 20mm and the cardboard overlaid with plasticard sheets on the roof and walls to give relief and extra strength.

Layout looks great Ian, really looking forward to trying to remember all the routes for the Romsey show. Your right in the fact that the chalk bank is less pronounced now with the extra greenery. Great job.

Pretty sure the scalescenes kit is based on Trowbridge. I built a mockup sometime ago for my layout too but this was dropped for Bradford on Avon.

post-28839-0-60095600-1518526492_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rhysb
  • Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

I know I said there'd be no more 'rework updates' but this really is the last!

Rework25_180219.jpg.bbb002c7c69279ad0c73f94e010ece9e.jpg

Rework26_180219.jpg.0f4aaf45c4d9959cf62c6ec74f97edeb.jpg

After a suggestion from Mike(Mr Oak Road) a couple of trees have been added at the station forecourt to give " a bit more height and depth", hopefully that box is now ticked!

Rework27_180219.jpg.9aecb89adf50da0df52fa3d1f924d755.jpg

Rework28_180219.jpg.9f3e52d266f0c4dfc44ce7d5cd2390ec.jpg

The three fellas positioned around the fuelling point have been 'backdated' by the removal of hard hats and removing a lot of HiViz hopefully to good effect.

I am now definitely leaving the layout as is so that I can start on the large pile of new stock that needs weathering/detail etc. on the workbench.

Right about those bl**dy curtains on the 4TC.............................. :scratchhead:

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 18

Hi Ian

It's Interesting seeing some of the other photos of 'Real Places', makes me wonder if there is a 'Blue Print' that most of these smaller station buildings get based on, a bit like every McDonalds/KFC drive in's have that typical look of the fast food industry and all the buildings seem to be based on the look, as an example.

There seem to be some good similarities between the buildings which I guess is why some look the same.

Great Thread Ian, nice catching up, as I've been out a bit just lately.

Look forward to seeing more of your works on the layout Ian.

Regards

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks Simon you’re always welcome to visit to play you know, can’t guarantee the lunch will be as good though!

Could put you down on the crew for the Folkestone show in October?

• Like 1

Thanks Simon you’re always welcome to visit to play you know, can’t guarantee the lunch will be as good though!

Could put you down on the crew for the Folkestone show in October?

Let me have the dates Ian and if I'm free I'd love to help out, I'd off course love to come across to your neck of the woods, shifts permitting of course.

Simon

• Like 1