Warley NEC - Nov 24-25th

And for completeness 2019:

Canterbury - Jan 19-20th

Stafford - Feb 2nd-3rd

Fareham - Oct 5-6th

Poole - Nov 2nd-3rd

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

A thoroughly enjoyable evening with Ian last night at Tidworth learning the layout and routes to help Ian at shows next year. Only crashed and shorted out one train all night too! A fantastic layout and thanks again Ian.

Tidworth also had a visitor with Regional Railways adding Tidworth to the Portsmouth Harbour to Cardiff Central Alphaline service. Here Alphaline class 158 stands at the platform awaiting departure back out to Cardiff Central via Bristol. A small diversion from its usual Wessex route.

IMG 0064

IMG 0063

IMG 0062

IMG 0061

IMG 0060

IMG 0059

IMG 0058

• Like 13

Guest Model.Maker

Evening all

So having now got both the garage and the shed in some sort of order, Tidworth has been set up in the garage for a while now for a couple of playdays. However, today I packed away all the trains to get on with the remedial works to the platform that I've been putting off for too long. The platform edging had come adrift from the baseboard causing the platform surface to rise up in front of the station building. So this afternoon I cracked on with the demolition work!

attachicon.gifRework1_171209.jpg

First the trackbed was secured down with superglue and weighed down whilst drying.

Thats all you need for modelling right there, alcohol and a hammer!

Smashing layout, will hopefully see it at somepoint in the flesh

M.M

Evening all

Not much to show so far today as household chores have bee the order of the day, and the bloody Christmas Tree!

I forgot to add a pic yesterday of a little trinket for the shed wall that I picked up earlier this week. ;) Thanks go to Newton Replicas.

attachicon.gifPlate.jpg

Hi Ian.

The sign looking good

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

That's not snow, that's chalk, you only have to scratch the ground in the area and chalk shows through. The MSWJR even used chalk as ballast to start with...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Ian

Just catching up and liking the re-modelled platform - hopefully all dry by now. I was a bit surprised by the wine selection!

Must catch up with the Tidworth crew again soon - now where is that reset button!

Phil

Hi there stranger!

The wines are not my selection, not enough red for me, they were just the closest to hand!

I was thinking it was time for an update soon as the platform is in the process of receiving many coats of greyish colours and some other bits and pieces are being added one by one. Once done I'll take a pic and leave it to everyone to 'spot the differences'!

If you around for any length of time you must come over for a looksee.

• Like 3

Hi Ian,

All looking good.  A quick question for you - how have you made the rosebay willowherb?

I need something for Manor Road and like how you have done it.  Apologies if I have missed it earlier in the thread.

Thanks

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

All looking good.  A quick question for you - how have you made the rosebay willowherb?

Thanks Jeff. Once I'd googled it, it turns out I haven't made any!

Maybe its the Buddlea bushes you've noticed, that I didn't make either? The Buddlea was made by Mrs 'Kipford' a while back and I think the base is pieces of seamoss with flock added and then I believe food paints for the leaf colour and flowers.