Temeraire

• 3 months later...

Morning all

After a long period of quiet on here just thought I'd resurrect the thread from the depths of RMweb as a reminder that Tidworth will be appearing at the Shenfield show this Saturday. I've finally got around to getting the layout up tonight to check all is well before loading it in the car at lunchtime.

attachicon.gif7_33101+PBA_140917.jpg

A quick pic of one of several new pieces of stock acquired since the last exhibition and the Kernow Clay wagon is positioned by 33101. It must be brand new to traffic as it doesn't seem to have got dirty yet!

If you're at the show please come as say hello.

Yes my clay wagons are still pristine, it a job to know where to start with the weathering! anyway have a good weekend with Tidworth.

Best regards

Kevin.

Hi Ian,

Long time no see. Hard to believe I was over this time last year and catching up with you guys. Hope you have a good show, 

Clay Tigers look nice I have a couple on the way couldn't resist.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian,

Long time no see. Hard to believe I was over this time last year and catching up with you guys. Hope you have a good show, 

Clay Tigers look nice I have a couple on the way couldn't resist.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Pete you're right where did that year go? I've had the Tigers for sometime now but last night was the first time I took one out of it's box, been too busy with the shed.

Morning Ian, 

Looking fantastic, very much enjoying.

Thanks Leon, we're at Thorncombe in November if you fancy a look/play with it?

Yes my clay wagons are still pristine, it a job to know where to start with the weathering! anyway have a good weekend with Tidworth.

Best regards

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin I must drop in sometime or you here. As I said not had them out the box until now as well as three warflats and with the 4TC due soon I need to have a workbench session.

A big thank you to Ian for letting me operate his superb layout Tidworth on Saturday, I had great fun. I have not played trains for quite some time and thoroughly enjoyed my time yesterday. Apologies that I couldn't stay longer.

If ever there was a way of motivating me to get on with Boxenby, then yesterday was it. Thanks Ian, I have been modelling this afternoon!

The highlight for me was driving Ajax, quality!

Nice to meet Paul (PaulRHB), thanks for your help and assistance.

Thanks again Ian.

Edited by Grimleygrid
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

After a long period of quiet on here just thought I'd resurrect the thread from the depths of RMweb as a reminder that Tidworth will be appearing at the Shenfield show this Saturday. I've finally got around to getting the layout up tonight to check all is well before loading it in the car at lunchtime.

attachicon.gif7_33101+PBA_140917.jpg

A quick pic of one of several new pieces of stock acquired since the last exhibition and the Kernow Clay wagon is positioned by 33101. It must be brand new to traffic as it doesn't seem to have got dirty yet!

If you're at the show please come and say hello.

It's also still in one piece and not wrapped around the buffer stop!  :laugh:  :laugh:

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Very nice layout, interezting to see the other ECC operation modelled. . Out of interest how did you paint the clay works building? The colour looks very effective, just what I am aiming to achieve when I repaint the buildings for my clay layout

Hi Rich thanks for the comment. If you mean the grey colour if, I remember correctly it was just a mixed colour using some black and white Acrylics I had kicking around so not a definite colour I'm afraid.

However, as you've resurrected the thread I'll take the opportunity to remind all that Tidworth will be out again this weekend at the Weymouth show complete with a 4TC!

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Back home, fed and watered after an enjoyable weekend at the Weymouth exhibition and just a quick thank you to Stuart and Mike for their company and assistance. As usual I took my camera along with the intention of taking plenty of pics and apart from the one below, I didn't touch the camera after opening time on Saturday!

1820049100_334TC_281017.jpg.1e0777dca8b5ea08532e00b18517bbdb.jpg

Nigel's 33102 comes to a stand for the first time at Tidworth with the recently arrived 4-TC unit.

There's just two weeks until Tidworth's last outing of the year at Thorncombe on Saturday 11th November, after which I have some remedial works and 'refreshing' planned before the next show in March 2018.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Great to see Tidworth again Ian and meeting up with Mike and Stu.

I will sort through my photos over the coming days ....

Hi Ian

It was great seeing you and Tidworth at Weymouth at the weekend. Richard and I had a fantastic have a drink with you and your crew on the Saturday night.

See you at Thorncombe.

Hi fellas

Thanks for your company too on Saturday night it was good to chill out with a few beers away from the exhibition, and we look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks.

I look forward to seeing some of the 'clever' pics you were taking Rich.

Edited by Temeraire

Hi Ian,

As we talked about at the show, just remembered to dig out a photo of 149 I took back in the day. Not the best quality but you can see the number height on the cabside above the cast BR plate.

Thinks yours is spot on from memory.

Cheers

Stu

post-5142-0-66758300-1509998173_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Evening all

Another enjoyable day with Mike yesterday at the Thorncombe show out in the middle of nowhere, when we turned onto roads with grass growing down the centre we did wonder if we were heading the right way! Thanks to Mike for his company and the TRAC team for a great day and their hospitality.

This was Tidworth's last appearance of the year and is due out next at Romsey in March, before which I plan to carry out some remedial works to various bits of the layout and yes touch up the outside paintwork Mike!

• Like 2