WIGAN EXHIBITION 7th & 8th June 2014

Eaton

Picking up my copy of the BRM this morning I see that Bob Jones's 2mm masterpiece 'Fence Houses' is to feature in the June issue available from 8th May. If this article wets your appetite you will be able to stand in front of the real thing on the weekend of 7th & 8th June.

'Fence Houses' is a must see layout, one of those layouts that represent the pinnacle of the hobby. I am not alone in my opinion as on the number of occasions I have seen it, there has always been a crowd of at least three deep intently watching the trains run along its length. The Victoria Viaduct, (see Bob Jones photograph below) which is somewhat away from the action, being at one end, is a wonderful piece of miniature modelling.

post-1648-0-83281600-1397152807_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Coming from a Pre-Grouping background of little tank engines and small 4-4-0's these seem big beasts. Even on a model railway you suspect they could do serious damage if they derailed at speed. Obviously derailment do not happen on Thorne Yard and Loch Dour so we should all be safe.

• RMweb Gold

SNAP!

The Eastfield era version on Loch Dour -

attachicon.gif37 033.jpg

Also appearing at Wigan. Kev.

Hi,

If you turn Thorne Yards 37 033 round it takes on the eastfield era version too. 

Looking forward to Wigan as always, I will be there with my DCC demo / tech support for Thorne Yard as a member of the TY team has a habit of changing CV settings!!

Cheers

Simon

If you could let me know which one it is on the quiet Simon. So I don't invite him to have a go on Loch Dour!!!! :) Kev.

I'll tell you Kev - It's Andy!!!

By all means come have a play on TY! All day Sunday would be good particularly if we find a good watering hole on Saturday evening!!!

Dave

Hi,

If you turn Thorne Yards 37 033 round it takes on the eastfield era version too. 

Looking forward to Wigan as always, I will be there with my DCC demo / tech support for Thorne Yard as a member of the TY team has a habit of changing CV settings!!

Cheers

Simon

If you could let me know which one it is on the quiet Simon. So I don't invite him to have a go on Loch Dour!!!! :) Kev.

I deeply resemble that remark Simon!!!!    Loch Dour is quite safe I can assure you (unless you want a couple of class 20's in a consist that is)

post-7305-0-15716700-1398679804_thumb.jpg

As Simon mentioned it has a split personality as I couldn't decide between the two versions.

And after my meddling kindly weathered by Simon.

Hi,

Added to the layout list is Terry Tasker's  'The Circle Line' which is an N gauge layout of the 1990 to 2000 period. This makes the total 40 and 15 are Diesel or Electric.

There is another reason for attending model railway exhibitions and that is to tune into the Grapevine/Rumour Mill. This phenomenon predates twitter and facebook but is unfortunately not as reliable. Therefore having attended York and tuned into the rumours concerning our exhibition I can confirm the following. Rumour 1 has no basis in truth, Rumour 2 is incorrect on both counts, Rumour 3 is laughably incorrect and Rumour 4 may have a grain of truth albeit that the grain is microscopic. I hope that clarifies the situation.

Can all these really be started by Charlie?

Tell me what it was, it may even be a new Rumour 5. Either way it will probably worth a laugh!!

As to being confused one suspects that this is the very point of all these rumours.

The one I heard was ...........

No, on second thoughts, I think I'd better PM it!

Kev.

So you want a continuous run layout in 7' 6" x 7' 6", can it be done. See 'The Circle Line', Terry Tasker's exercise in getting a lot into a little.

The photograph is by Derek Shore. 

post-1648-0-87073500-1399909413_thumb.jpg

Archived