WIGAN EXHIBITION 7th & 8th June 2014

Eaton

Whilst I do like a good diesel/electric layout I do hope that there is still a good representation of steam era layouts at Wigan. I've never heard of the Northwest Festival of Diesel and Electric layouts so I assume this is something new to bring in new punters

• RMweb Gold

Whilst I do like a good diesel/electric layout I do hope that there is still a good representation of steam era layouts at Wigan. I've never heard of the Northwest Festival of Diesel and Electric layouts so I assume this is something new to bring in new punters

Layouts here

http://www.wiganfrm.org.uk/_exhibition/exhibitors.html

Looking forward to yet another successful show.

I shall be running a fair number of steam locos on Meopham East Junction as well as a first generation diesel loco and a Kent Coast electric loco on Saturday; along with green EMU's of course.

Sunday will see a change to blue liveried EMU's and a class 47 on a Merrymaker special. Then it will be onto classes 66 & 92 with a steam special thrown in.

Come and have a natter.

The link to the layout is below.

Looking forward to this show. I and part of my operating team will be there for the weekend with Alderford that by the way is in the April edition of RM.

The other half of my team will be with Jeremy's layout Great Endon so we are drafting in a few extra hands.

Carl

It will be 1955 North Eastern or 1977 Blue Diesel when you disappear (back in an hour!).

Mike

Have you noticed for a fellow who always in a brightly coloured checked shirt, he does quickly merge into the background rather well doesn't he! :no: 

Have you noticed for a fellow who always a brightly coloured checked shirt, he does quickly merge into the background rather well doesn't he! :no: 

All part of the cunning plan!

It will be 1955 North Eastern or 1977 Blue Diesel when you disappear (back in an hour!).

Mike

Hmm! May have to stick around the layout for longer on the off hours!! :jester:

Here are a few photographs of some of the layouts appearing at Wigan in June.

For the Diesel and Electric enthusiasts

post-1648-0-77983500-1395853690_thumb.jpg

ABERBEEG Photograph by Craig Tiley, courtesy of the Railway Modeller.

post-1648-0-77182600-1395853906.jpg

MOSTYN Photograph courtesy of the Barrowmore Model Railway Group.

post-1648-0-85732800-1395854213_thumb.jpg

NEW KINMUNDY Photograph by Andy York, courtesy of British Railway Modelling.

For the Steam fans

post-1648-0-00288700-1395855279_thumb.jpg

FENCE HOUSES Photograph by Bob Jones

post-1648-0-93979300-1395856752_thumb.jpg

YNYSYBWL Photograph by Chris Nevard, courtesy of Model Rail 

post-1648-0-28507600-1395856890_thumb.jpg

MERRYFIELD LANE Photograph by Phil Ottley.

If you travel to our website you can find details of the Advance Tickets (including the 4 for 3 ticket) which are now available. The major advantage of these tickets is that you dodge the queue and gain early entry to the exhibition. This will be particularly advantageous this year as our Club Sales Stand is extremely well stocked. I have it on good authority that there are over 100 second-hand locos, some quite rare, on offer.

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to this show. I and part of my operating team will be there for the weekend with Alderford that by the way is in the April edition of RM.

The other half of my team will be with Jeremy's layout Great Endon so we are drafting in a few extra hands.

Carl

:sungum:

Cheers,

Mick

MORE PHOTOGRAPHS OF LAYOUTS APPEARING AT WIGAN IN JUNE.

Another for the Diesel lovers.

post-1648-0-35062400-1396687399_thumb.jpg

GREAT ENDON Photograph by Jeremy Davison.

Another for Steam fans.

post-1648-0-39278400-1396687502_thumb.jpg

COLLERTON Photograph by Steve Flint, courtesy of the Railway Modeller.

And for the OO9ers.

post-1648-0-08956500-1396687612_thumb.jpg

THE CLYDACH RAILWAY Photograph by Richard Holder.

Archived