Rapido launch date: 24 June 2014

rapidotrains

Hi guys,

We'll be launching our first UK model on Tuesday 24 June.  The event is still in the early stages of planning, but Bill and I expect to be hosting a party "somewhere in the northeast."

I am already planning new and innovative ways to criss-cross the entire country before getting to the party.  I'm thinking of landing at Heathrow and then boarding the sleeper to Penzance.  I'll spend a night or two there to support the Cornish economy and then head to "somewhere in the northeast."  I figure if I can time it properly I can get to Plymouth in time to ride an HST up to the Scottish border.  I did Penzance to Berwick on a Virgin XC HST once - what a great trip!   Mmmmmmm..... HST.

There will be food, exhibits, and other stuff at the launch party.  So please keep it in your calendars and start saving your TOIL! Remember - 24 June!

I will announce more details as they become available.

Bill and I look forward to meeting a lot of you in person!

All the best,

Jason

Ummm so now we can all start formulating opinions as to what it will be .....

HST mentioned 3 times hmmmm that maybe to put us off the scent....

but posted at 02:40 on the 26/3/2014 add the 26 and 2014 from todays date and you get 2040 or take the 3 from 26 = 23 add the 1 = 24 and your left with numbers 24 0 also to be revealed on the 24/06/2014 ummm lots of 24's there......

Supporting the Cornish economy ... Kernhow limited edition perhaps....

Preserved class 24 24054 did spend time at Penzance as a Heating unit and they would have been seen passing through Berwick.

Somewhere in the North East ... North Yorkshire Moors has two class 24's and maybe 24054 can come across from Bury for a "Great Gathering event"...

Its a class 24

Please take all of this with a pinch of salt I'm just bored on Nightshift... but then again until all is revealed on the 24th June... Keep smiling :sarcastic: and remember where you heard it 1st.. :toclue:

EDIT:- Along the same lines of thought but for those wanting a Steam loco it could be a J24 Take the J from Jason and June and the 24 as above they were a North East Loco I believe....

Cheers

Steve

:whistle:

Well although I know what they are making, I shall be there to show my support for the guys.

They can only be good for UK outline model railways ( in any gauge).

Guess I'll have to have a launch party in Toronto now should my Canadian venture come off!

North East launch and all this talk of HSTs: it's a model IEP being announced at the Hitachi factory!

Possible but they arent scheduled to appear on the GWML until 2017.  Seems a bit of hit for your first entre to the UK market.

Would have thought we're looking at a wagon, coach or single loco.

I'd like to see the next pukka clue.............too many red herrings in this launch statement.  Dont get sucked in.......

Hi guys,

We'll be launching our first UK model on Tuesday 24 June.  The event is still in the early stages of planning...

Jason

Hiya Jason.

Thanks for this. I maybe thick but before I plan a trip, is this the launch of a product or the launch announcement of what you are going to make? In other words, should I bring cash? With all the delays in China I expect is the second. Thanks

Igor

Hiya Jason.

Thanks for this. I maybe thick but before I plan a trip, is this the launch of a product or the launch announcement of what you are going to make? In other words, should I bring cash? With all the delays in China I expect is the second. Thanks

Igor

Hi Igor,

We won't be delivering the models - it's the announcement with some bangs and flashes added in.

I wouldn't dare bring out a model as a surprise delivery for our first UK release.  We start cutting the moulds in August.  I will share our 3D drawings on this forum over the month of July and get everyone to give their feedback on what needs to be fixed.  

-Jason

Well mid to late 2014 for an announcement/drawing stage and possibly 2 to 2.5 years to get it into the suppliers could fall just as the real IEP hits the Great Western main line in 2017 afterall........

2 to 2.5 years?  With the delays in China it should be more like 20 to 25....  (I was going to put a smiley there but I have no clue what all these little moving smilies mean and I don't want to accidentally insult someone!)

The target delivery date is autumn 2015.  I am confident we can achieve it.  I've already told Dan he has to sit at the factory for two weeks in summer 2015 and check every one.  He'll love that in 35C with no AC.  I mean, he has been telling me he wants to lose a few pounds....

-Jason

....and please give us enough advance notification of the venue so that we can get our advance APEX tickets. Thanks,

Keith

Hi Keith,

How much time do you need?  This will also help me determine when to advertise the event.

Thanks,

Jason

Ummm so now we can all start formulating opinions as to what it will be .....

HST mentioned 3 times hmmmm that maybe to put us off the scent....

but posted at 02:40 on the 26/3/2014 add the 26 and 2014 from todays date and you get 2040 or take the 3 from 26 = 23 add the 1 = 24 and your left with numbers 24 0 also to be revealed on the 24/06/2014 ummm lots of 24's there......

Supporting the Cornish economy ... Kernhow limited edition perhaps....

Preserved class 24 24054 did spend time at Penzance as a Heating unit and they would have been seen passing through Berwick.

Somewhere in the North East ... North Yorkshire Moors has two class 24's and maybe 24054 can come across from Bury for a "Great Gathering event"...

Its a class 24

Please take all of this with a pinch of salt I'm just bored on Nightshift... but then again until all is revealed on the 24th June... Keep smiling :sarcastic: and remember where you heard it 1st.. :toclue:

EDIT:- Along the same lines of thought but for those wanting a Steam loco it could be a J24 Take the J from Jason and June and the 24 as above they were a North East Loco I believe....

Cheers

Steve

:whistle:

It's not a 24 and it has a 3 in it and its Rapido models first UK outline model so there will also be a 1 and a tenuous link to the Northeast.

My guess putting all these together is a Transpennine 124/123 DMU combination.

It's not a 24 and it has a 3 in it and its Rapido models first UK outline model so there will also be a 1 and a tenuous link to the Northeast.

My guess putting all these together is a Transpennine 124/123 DMU combination.

Yes that would be nice, personally I think Jason is going to do the CN Turbo in a variety of UK liveries! :jester:

class 370 i believe.

APT-P was Class 370, the 300 implying it was an AC electric EMU. APT-E was gas turbine, but was always a research vehicle, so a 975xxx number would seem logical, but the discussion here concluded with a statement that it didn't have one. The POP train did, though, 975634-6.

Archived