Bachmann Peppercorn A2

Guest TomTank

Story goes that the Blue Peters had been in the country since July, but something was not right regarding some part or other and that the tool for this part had been damaged/badly designed. Therefore all the Blue Peters have had to go back. The tool was corrected before any further production and the other A2's are ok, and rumour has it these are already in Barwell, but not released as yet.

I heard the same today...

At least the model will be right. I'm looking forward to Blue Peter though. But can anyone tell me the smoke box on Batchelors Button. Is the number above or below the hand rail?

Guest TomTank

Also whether 60532 has split hand rail or not, would be easier when converting to others if not, but seen as she is preserved with in guessing she will have.

Also whether 60532 has split hand rail or not, would be easier when converting to others if not, but seen as she is preserved with in guessing she will have.

I think it will making it a post 61/62 machine or as preserved. And as you corretly say not all members of the class had a split handrail.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks - that makes "late dating" Batchelors Button to post 1956 harder.

In addition you will have to keep in mind that of the 9 single chimney members of the class, all based in Scotland, 7 were fitted with Thompson boilers for periods between 1957 - 1962. The round dome is the giveaway.

The devil is in the detail!

Guest Max Stafford

All said, I think it's a first for me to have brand new releases that require no modification to suit my rather specific requirements! :D

Dave.

Guest TomTank

Dave

Sorry I thought you were taking about Blue Peter. I got quite excited as I want Sugar Palm early crest.My mistake

Regards Dave

Hi Dave...and I'm after Sugar Palm late crest ;) a way round it would be getting a Bachelours Button and Blue Peter, swap tenders and swap smoke box doors (I know Hornby smoke box doors pop off with pressure from behind) and then sell on the Other A2 on ebay possibly.

Just a thought :)

Tom

Guest TomTank

At which point I'd probably appear...! ;)

Dave.

Haha most likely Dave....you certainly would have a fair few to choose from ;) I can see you buying out all the single chimney A2s :lol:

All said, I think it's a first for me to have brand new releases that require no modification to suit my rather specific requirements! :D

Dave.

Not as specific as mine. :D

It will become 60540 Southsider. :D

Grandfather born in Drummond street and his father born in Flesh Market Close.

Bernard

Saw one (525) at Wirksworth Model Railway Exhibition on Sherwood Models stand. Not able to get a good look at it as it was at the back of the stand and you cann't see much through the packaging!

Interestingly they seem to have missed the mags for review as they always tried to fly some across for earlier review before release.

So hopefully not too long to wait for 532!

Richard

Guest Belgian

Story goes that the Blue Peters had been in the country since July, but something was not right regarding some part or other and that the tool for this part had been damaged/badly designed. Therefore all the Blue Peters have had to go back. The tool was corrected before any further production and the other A2's are ok, and rumour has it these are already in Barwell, but not released as yet.

Could it be the DCC decoder? I see 525 on Hattons website is described as having an 8-pin decoder but was originally listed by Bachmann as having a 21-pin one.

JE

Belgian said

Could it be the DCC decoder? I see 525 on Hattons website is described as having an 8-pin decoder but was originally listed by Bachmann as having a 21-pin one.

I would not have thought that was the problem,surely the 21 pin decoders are required more in Diesels with the lighting applications etc,

Regards.

Belgian said

I would not have thought that was the problem,surely the 21 pin decoders are required more in Diesels with the lighting applications etc,

Regards.

The message somewhere higher in the thread mentions a tool being damaged or badly designed. There's also something somewhere about wheels. This does not match with a different decoder socket being used. I would have thought a decision to change from 21 to 8 pin sockets would not warrant sending all 21 pin models back to the factory, it would simply be changed on subsiquent batches (unless they were incorrectly wired, but even then, this is not damaged tooling!)

On the whole looks very nice in the TMC pictures.

However some very minor details are wrong AH Peppercorn in LNER Livery should have, as in the photographs I have :-

Black Buffer housings

RA9 on cab ? this is BR surely? . EDIT . Just found another picture and RA9 is correct well done Bachmann

Shed allocation on bufferbeam should be a the bottom of Bufferbeam as per LNER practise , it also appears very large too as does A2 thereon too ?

Lining is still not upto Hornby A1/A3 standards especially the cartwheel size lining on the wheel bosses

Handrails in pictures appear to be Black , they appear to be Green in my photos?

BUT I am not complaining all these "defects" are easily sorted :D:D

I have a DJH 525 already a 526 Sugar Palm will look good

On the whole looks very nice in the TMC pictures.

However some very minor details are wrong AH Peppercorn in LNER Livery should have, as in the photographs I have :-

Black Buffer housings

RA9 on cab ? this is BR surely? . EDIT . Just found another picture and RA9 is correct well done Bachmann

Shed allocation on bufferbeam should be a the bottom of Bufferbeam as per LNER practise , it also appears very large too as does A2 thereon too ?

Lining is still not upto Hornby A1/A3 standards especially the cartwheel size lining on the wheel bosses

Handrails in pictures appear to be Black , they appear to be Green in my photos?

BUT I am not complaining all these "defects" are easily sorted :D:D

I have a DJH 525 already a 526 Sugar Palm will look good

good catch on those points.

Who's going to be the first to get one then? :D