Bachmann Peppercorn A2

Guest TomTank

I have seen one in the "flesh" today in Modelzone Lakeside. Looks very nice , the lining is much finer including the wheel bosses . The bufferbeam lettering is also much smaller . The handrails are Black which I dont think is correct ??? Also there was the new version of Tornado and the L1 both also excellent .

Mick

Can anyone comment on the rather prominant seam along the lower part of the bioler, above the sand box fillers. This appears in most retailers pictures. Its not there on the A1... Is it a seem or some kind of moulded on pipe. Rather strange as Bachmann are normally very good at hiding tooling joins (unlike Hornby who have been known to make boilers out top and bottom parts!)

(edited for spelling and errors!!)

Is this latest Tornado release a simple continuation of the first batch, or have some changes been made?

Hi,

I believe it is a continuation of the first batch, but if anyone knows better then say!

Watch out though, Bachmann have said they have been delievered with the wrong brake rodding. They will supply the correct version free of charge through their Website, see here

Hope this helps

Simon

Can anyone comment on the rather prominant seam along the lower part of the bioler, above the sand box fillers. This appears in most retailers pictures. Its not there on the A1... Is it a seem or some kind of moulded on pipe. Rather strange as Bachmann are normally very good at hiding tooling joins (unlike Hornby who have been known to make boilers out top and bottom parts!)

(edited for spelling and errors!!)

I suspect it is for precisely the reason that the top half can be changed - perhaps to utilize different tools, i.e for double chimney versions, or single chimney with round dome, instead of banjo dome, etc etc...

Guest Max Stafford

There are two boiler variations on A2s (for-bye the chimney/regulator equipment)in any case as far as I know.

Dave.

Guest notascoobie

Saw the A2 on the Bachmann stand at Taunton today. Looked great.

When asked how long for the BR green versions, I was told that they are not yet in the country and there is no definite date. Apparently the LNER green ones arrived in the country at the beginning of the week, so when they arrive they are moved on quickly. I was also told that the Blue Peter models will have to be unpacked then repacked into its new wooden box.

Looked like it was worth waiting for.

Vernon

Viewing the TMC images three isues stand out for me

1) Superheater header covers on the smoke-box look far too flat and insignificant

2) Radius rod is fixed as per usual mid gear but appears to slope down towards the cylinder !!

3) As per the A1 tender the the axle box springs look look half the depth they should be

On the plus side the overall look and shape appear to be pretty good with fine representations of an A2 single chimney and smoke-deflectors. The head on view looks impressive

Bob

Rumour has it that the other two single chimney versions, Bachelors Button and Tudor Minstrel are about to be despatched to retailers imminently!

E-mail just arrived from our rep. to say they are now at Bachmann and being sent out. Should be in the shops early next week.

Guest TomTank

Hattons £98.00. TMC £150.00.....B)

Speaking of TMC, I have put an order in for Sugar palm, I have asked them to renumber her as they are doing the smoke box alterations which I couldn't really do (altering to single hand rail and raising the headboard iron)

I've been informed it will be ready before Christmas....so the Blue Peter models must be in or are not far behind.

Coach....the A2s are priced at £160 on the site ;)

Speaking of TMC, I have put an order in for Sugar palm, I have asked them to renumber her as they are doing the smoke box alterations which I couldn't really do (altering to single hand rail and raising the headboard iron)

I've been informed it will be ready before Christmas....so the Blue Peter models must be in or are not far behind.

Coach....the A2s are priced at £160 on the site http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wink.gif

Now thats interesting. Edited by davidw

Guest TomTank

As far as I know David they modifying the Blue Peter Split Handrail....It's my Christmas Pressie sorted :)

I will get a single chimney one at some point, but I seem to think the chances of one being seen between Darlington and York would have been very rare, unless running in from Doncaster :unsure:

I will get a single chimney one at some point, but I seem to think the chances of one being seen between Darlington and York would have been very rare, unless running in from Doncaster

More likely to have been going down to or returning from Donny,as happened when they were Shopped.

Thats a novel idea --- Tom's Xmas present to Tom,I like your thinking mate. How's about a Loveless A4 as 60025 Falcon. Well dear Wife it was an idea I got from Tom Tank. I think not,its alright for you mate with just the Border Collie,but as well as "Harvey" my Border Collie I have dare I say another Old Dog to consider!!! She does not read RM Web,but this is where I find out not so much who my friends are but,possibly (probably) that I aint got any.

Saw 60536 Trimbush at Grantham once on what I presume was a Running In turn.

Guest TomTank

More likely to have been going down to or returning from Donny,as happened when they were Shopped.

Thats a novel idea --- Tom's Xmas present to Tom,I like your thinking mate. How's about a Loveless A4 as 60025 Falcon. Well dear Wife it was an idea I got from Tom Tank. I think not,its alright for you mate with just the Border Collie,but as well as "Harvey" my Border Collie I have dare I say another Old Dog to consider!!! She does not read RM Web,but this is where I find out not so much who my friends are but,possibly (probably) that I aint got any.

Saw 60536 Trimbush at Grantham once on what I presume was a Running In turn.

I've ordered her Derek.....but told other family members they are paying :lol:

Yep the last SWMBO of mine would never have understood my love of railways, so I'm quite happy being single.....Meg my Collie is deaf so I can talk about LNER dealings as much as I want.......as long as she gets a biscuit!

I think you should be relieved the wife can't read that last post :blink: ;)

I can assure you there are a good few on here Derek that class you as a friend...myself included :D

• RMweb Premium

Wasn't 60536 a heaton engine - and there's always running in turns - admittedly they'd have been unlikely to have been seen south of Donny.

Never say never David. The Railway Observer confirms that Blue Peter was at Plant in August 1958, and for some reason was retained "down South" for about three weeks, during which time it was seen quite regularly at Kings Cross. Some of the other rare birds did get down to London too, but not very often. As to 60536, that was always, apart from the first couple of years of its life, a Haymarket engine. You may be thinking of 60538, which was at Gateshead.