2-PAN, Any photos?

jcm@gwr

Another question for all you Southern followers, from my F-in-L again.

Does anyone know of any photos of the 2-PAN, as he wishes to do a

conversion.

(For those not in the know, the 2-PAN [Parcels And Newspapers] was

a "60's conversion from the 2-HAL)

Mostly, they just took out all the seats and some of the partitions, but

he is not sure what they did with the corridor bit.

Thanks in advance, Jeff

Thanks Nes,

That's a great photo to start his conversion,

and some useful info as well (numbers, etc.)

XF, I think Nes has proved you wrong!

Cheers, Jeff

Would make a good quick conversion from the forthcoming Hornby model assuming it arrives!

XF

• RMweb Premium

Would make a good quick conversion from the forthcoming Hornby model assuming it arrives!

XF

Hi Nigel

So you have heard the station announcement "Due to an unexpected delay. The next train from Margate will be late." :dontknow: Never mind when it does arrive it will be met with sound of "Oooo Errrr" :O :rtfm: from the platform enders. :mosking:

Edit, back on topic, I agree it will be an easy conversion and a nice variation to see on SR layouts.

• RMweb Premium

Will we see Mr Parkes of this parish knock up one of these units once he has finished his upgrade in the 4 SUB thread.

SS

• RMweb Premium

Been away from this site, only just found this thread. I *used* to have a photo from (I suppose) December 1970 of three of these at Hove. Unfortunately I binned both the print and the negative in about 1980 :-(  What I do remember is that at least one of them was very faded (the palest blue I've ever seen on BR, more Cambridge than Oxford) and some of the windows were also painted - presumably metal panels replacing broken glass, but equally faded.

ken

Archived