Nu-cast 47XX - unidentified parts

Hello all. Back on March 25 I posted an enquiry asking if anyone had a set of instructions for a Nu-cast 47XX. That drew a blank so I took the jigsaw puzzle approach. I scoured the net and my book collection for pictures of model and prototype 47XXs. This helped identify most of the parts and gave me a good idea about how the kit goes together. However a few of the parts have defeated my attempts at identification and are shown on the picture below. Can anyone identify any of them for me please? Any guidance gratefully received - thank you.

post-10762-0-92763200-1400085991_thumb.jpg

Thanks Horse. I'd never have guessed that 1 was slidebars in a million years. They're so rough that nothing could ever slide over any part of them. They're actually whitemetal - the flash on the camera has highlighted an odd yellow patina that I hadn't noticed before. I think I might give the whole thing a soak in Dettol before I go any further.

I think:

2 Could be one of the underside frame pieces of the leading truck.

3 Posible a fire iron.

7 Sits on top of the chassis behind the smoke box and represents the drive from the crosshead to the valve gear inside the frames.

Gordon A

Bristol

Archived