Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

OO gauge Airfix City of Truro with Branchlines Chassis etc

Hi Chris, hope you're keeping well!! Really impressed with this build mate. I'm contemplating building a photo etched chassis for my ancient Triang L1 build. I'll probably adapt a SE Finecast T9 chassis, and mount the motor in a similar way, to allow daylight beneath the boiler. And then I'll build my H class chassis.......what's the timescale on your layout?

Bill

Hi Bill. 

I am fine thanks.  Hope you are well.  Timescale is something I have not thought of really (just ongoing!!!) so much other stuff

on I can only snatch a  bit of modelling time now and then.  I have still got to finish this yet.  I have done an SE finecast chassis for my R1 which is also progressing slowly. I have stalled on my L1, I believe it has a Gem chassis and I have added the clack valves and pipe work ,sandboxes, wheel weights, got to work out the brake gear next, tender is also pretty much finished too.  Will post some piccies some day.  Good luck with your build Bill, would be interested to see how that turns out as could look at something similar eventually.  Ahh yes, the lovely H class, I have one to do along with a D3 class as eventually I would like to build a New Romney branch layout. Eventually!!!

Thanks Bill and all the best
Chris

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Sorry I have been away for a while, a loft conversion which has now started has made me try to finish a few started/stalled models and so I have nearly finished this one, there are still some bits to do such as couplings, coal etc but she is nearly done.  She is in a bit of a grubby state as a photo of this one not long before withdrawal on the tiniternet shows her very grubby and still with the GWR logo on the tender. I appreciate there may be some errors but I like the look of it and it works too.

Thanks for looking

All the best

Chris

She's come out rather well! Nice one Chris!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The Branchlines chassis kits are well designed, but I'm not sure I'd want to tackle an outside-framed 4-4-0 as my first experience of chassis construction.

Did you see my response to your first posting on Rmweb, Tony, where you were asking about the 56xx pony truck?