The official UK launch video for Rapido Trains Inc.

rapidotrains

Excellent, you really made me laugh with that,  right on target so many times. ;-)   Too French and too Canadian, eh?  Made me laugh more than Alberta Redeye.  :jester: 

On another note, just been looking at your latest  Rapido e-mail newsletter with the FP-9As, that CP Rail one looks right on the money....

• RMweb Premium

I'm still none the wiser about Rapido's release, but atleast i understand now why American's always take the **** out of Canada ;)

"the ****"   You mean the beer?

Funny video.

I once had an unfortunate incident at a Canadian ice hockey game .  It was called Molson in a plastic cup

(The game was good though)

There are two responses to that:

1. That would be why Jason had bottles of Moosehead in the video as well...

2. At least it wasn't Coors Light...

Adrian

• RMweb Gold

What you know as American beer isn't beer. It's p*ss! Anything with Bud******, Coors, Miller or Michelob on the label, just remove the middleman and pour straight down the khazi..

We do have some absolutely belting craft breweries over here though. Producing proper ale. With proper alcoholic content. And serious amounts of hops. I no longer pine so much for a pint of Adnams as I used to..

What you know as American beer isn't beer. It's p*ss! Anything with Bud******, Coors, Miller or Michelob on the label, just remove the middleman and pour straight down the khazi..

We do have some absolutely belting craft breweries over here though. Producing proper ale. With proper alcoholic content. And serious amounts of hops. I no longer pine so much for a pint of Adnams as I used to..

Yes some of the micro breweries produce some excellent drink.

Any one visiting Vancouver should try the Granville Island ales. 

I was drinking that long before touching a Molson. 

The other thing for us Brits visiting is to look out for place's selling British and Irish stuff. I once came cross a pub on Vancouver Island selling Newcastle Brown

Ok. I’ll kick it off in Wheeltappers. I don’t expect 100% agreement over each brew, I’ve got a Harpoon IPA in front of me which is available throughout the NE and is much better than most  of the big breweries “beer”.

Best, Pete.

Went on a 'run ashore' once with some 'hard drinkin, cussin, shoot in' US marines.......

They arrive at the table with what's best described as a pitcher and tumblers!

So"...........we ditch the tumblers and drink the pitchers!

We won!

Ps once had a happy interlude to with a number of Canadian Navy ladies..........but that's not for THIS site! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ha ha! As a Brit and as a Canadian, I can appreciate the hilarity! I was so relieved to see the link to the BR T-shirt you were wearing--I'm so getting one eh!

P.s. The only ones who should take offence to this video are Leafs fans--watching a Habs fan blow his nose in their jersey--ha ha -- how do you survive living in the GTA Jason?! ;)

Back many years ago I was taken to a Canadian beer drinking establishment in Western Canada by a cousin and associates - a pitchers and tumblers sort of place where the pitchers came thick and fast, well fast anyway.  I was introduced to a drink they called  Alberta Redeye. I thought they were joking but everyone else drank it too.  It was beer with tomato juice added. Don't try this at home.

Ha ha! As a Brit and as a Canadian, I can appreciate the hilarity! I was so relieved to see the link to the BR T-shirt you were wearing--I'm so getting one eh!

P.s. The only ones who should take offence to this video are Leafs fans--watching a Habs fan blow his nose in their jersey--ha ha -- how do you survive living in the GTA Jason?! ;)

As the Leafs took to the golf course 6 weeks ago and the Habs just (last night) lost their semi-final playoff series with the Rangers, I don't see how they can take offence. Besides, he was wearing the Leafs jersey earlier in the video. But then, if I could be said to be a fan of any hockey team it would be the Habs.

Adrian

It was beer with tomato juice added. Don't try this at home.

Eewww.  As for tomato juice itself, as I see it, if something can't even be made drinkable by adding vodka it's not worth bothering with.

Eewww.  As for tomato juice itself, as I see it, if something can't even be made drinkable by adding vodka it's not worth bothering with.

Eewww indeed. Don't think it seemed to matter too much  at the time (although I haven't seen my cousin for years).  In all the intervening years though I have never again felt temped to pour tomato juice into beer.  And I don't hold this against Canada, indeed I have recently bought a model of an RDC in CP Rail livery so that's all right then.

I haven't drunk vodka since Leningrad in 1986.  :no: 

I promise to try and avoid posting anything about alcohol again, only trains.

• 3 weeks later...

It's very silly.

Apparently I missed this.

A bit too Canadian? Perhaps, but hilarious none the less.

The Montreal Canadiens bit had me in stitches.  I have a Québécois colleague named Jacques who worked out of our Ottawa office. His mannerisms were indistinguishable from the bit in the video.

Hilarious.

1. That would be why Jason had bottles of Moosehead in the video as well...

2. At least it wasn't Coors Light...

Or Labatt Blue. (It's part of AB InBev eh.)

And Moulson IS Coors. (So's Carling!)

Though I did see some Labatt 50 hiding in there.

Canuck fans drink Kokanee.

Ps once had a happy interlude to with a number of Canadian Navy ladies..........but that's not for THIS site! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

No doubt.  Two in the room with me right now...& most of them can drink me under the table.  Mind, I'm not much of a drinker...but it was nice having a chit (#16) for drinking on.  So Civilized, even if I won't get one again...(me home burned up...)

PO James Powell

Oi! Who you calling American?   :teae:  

When I lived in the UK I would always get clever chappies asking me what part of America was I from. My stock response was "I'm from Canada. What part of Ireland are you from?"

That worked well until I was in a Black Country pub in the middle of nowhere.  I ordered my drinks and a loud guy with a thick Black Country accent says, "What part of America are you from?" I gave my stock answer, asking him what part of Ireland he was from. "Dublin" came the response.

Looking forward to the reveal, but through clenched teeth my OCD brain has to point out that America (prefix North) is the name of the continent, of which Canada and the United States of America are a part so valid question, probably asked without realizing why it was valid.

Ok, I'll leave now....

PS, scan a steam engine, pretty please!

... my OCD brain has to point out that America (prefix North) is the name of the continent, of which Canada and the United States of America are a part so valid question,

Don't forget Mexico.

Next for Rapido - El Chepe.(Ferrocarril Chihuahua al Pacífico)

Don't forget Mexico. Next for Rapido - El Chepe.(Ferrocarril Chihuahua al Pacífico)

Ahh yes, and to complete the list there would be a total of 23 countries and 22 dependencies (according to the Oracle Wikipedia).

As Canadians we don't like being referred to as Americans. It is a bit like referring to someone from the UK as a European, it is technically correct but normally not done. Add to that the opinion of a large number of the people to the south of us is that 'American' means 'from the United States of America' and you'll understand why we'd prefer not to be referred to that way... ;)

And don't get me started on things like 'Canadian Bacon' - a curious meat presentation*# that I have never actually seen in Canada or 'American Cheese' which fortunately hasn't migrated north of the border.

*circular bacon slices about three inches in diameter, as if you had sliced a back bacon sausage.

#or a curious movie.

Adrian

Archived