The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The lovely Samantha (I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue)

Mike at C&M

Who else remembers the adventures and anecdotes of Fat Harry White on the Mark & Lard show circa 1999 - for me the last presenters that made Radio 1 worth listening to.

"...my friend is getting his interior doors done.  He told me he was thinking of going into town to Roger the door stripper in the hope of getting his big pink one dipped..."

• RMweb Gold

Who else remembers the adventures and anecdotes of Fat Harry White on the Mark & Lard show circa 1999 - for me the last presenters that made Radio 1 worth listening to.

"...my friend is getting his interior doors done.  He told me he was thinking of going into town to Roger the door stripper in the hope of getting his big pink one dipped..."

i've got a couple of "fat harry white" albums, as well as the shirehorses, how they got away with it on mainsteam radio 1 is beyond me, saying things like "i was in a restraunt and i dropped me roast beef, carrots and peas on my lap, but it wasn't long before fiesty fiona was on all fours between me legs gobbling up me meat and two veg"

i've got the whole last show on MP3 on the ipod, superb sing along with travis doing "why is it always dairylea?" to the tune of "why does it always rain on me"

the day they left radio 1 was the last time i listened to radio 1 through my own choice

STOP...............

..........CARRY ON!

• RMweb Premium

Can't wait for the new series to start tonight, its been so long since I heard any 'Blue Chip Filth'

Like 87029 I was at the Carlisle recording a couple of years ago and have attended a 'not for broadcast' show too. The producer really must learn a new Warm up gag!

Impatiently tuning my Radio,

John

I dunno, Radio 1 can be pretty risque even today. They recently had a spot where two guys, both named Matt would have a couple of minutes to discuss a topical issue, I have no doubt that this was engineered solely so they could announce it as 'Now its time for the Matts' Debate!'

• RMweb Premium

"Samantha has to leave to meet an elderly gentleman gardner freind, to discuss a parasitic plant that has appeared in her hedge. 

She doesnt want to miss out is theres a chance of having an old mans beard in her bush..."

• RMweb Gold

This reminds me of the story about the IT department at Borough of Scunthorpe who implemented an email filter and suddenly all emails stopped getting through.

It didn't take too long for them to realise that the offending word was, ion fact, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th letters of the Boroughs name!

Phil

Reminds me of some toilet grafitti along the lines of "Typhoo may have put the T in Britain but which idiot named Scunthorpe"

• RMweb Premium

Samantha must have been hurt by all the adverse publicity, as her place on the show tonight was taken by her Scandinavian friend "The Rippling Sven"

Easy to see when his excitement increases as the teams scores mount.

We weren't able to type our addresses into the school's new computers for a time due to this, which made work like writing cv's or letters difficult!

I have it on very good authority that many years ago, when Polytechnics could call themselves University's, Newcastle Polytechnic's first attempt was City University of Newcastle upon Tyne. It was only after all the corporate stationary had been printed that they realised the error of the name!

Phil

I'm certain my parents didn't!

Ian

I remember a Jasper Carrot sketch where he asked if anyone in the audience was from Newark. He then offered them his sympathy for being people who lived in the only town in the UK that's an anagram of w*nker.

Shortly after this, I was driving, with my parents, along the A1 and passed the sign for Newark. I burst out laughing and my mother asked what I was laughing at. I can't remember how I explained that one!

Phil

• RMweb Premium

I thought the Lionel Blair references were far worse than the Samantha stories:

"Sound Chirades is based on the TV quiz show "Give Us  A Clue", the expert was Lionel Blair.  Who could forget him panting on his knees, finishing off An Officer And A Gentleman in under two minutes."

"The look of glee on his face as he leaned accross the table to receive "Uncle Vanya."

• 4 months later...

The ever delightful Samantha has managed to sneak in for a quicky, whilst no-one was paying attention. Either that, or she was hiding behind Jo Brand.

New series of 'Clue' is back on Radio 4, with the first episode of the latest series (No.62) now on the BBC Iplayer.

Enjoy, I know I will.

The ever delightful Samantha has managed to sneak in for a quicky, whilst no-one was paying attention. Either that, or she was hiding behind Jo Brand.

New series of 'Clue' is back on Radio 4, with the first episode of the latest series (No.62) now on the BBC Iplayer.

Enjoy, I know I will.

Available on iplayer here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04p7yg7

Archived