Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

I dated a Girl a couple of years older than me,:lol::nono::rolleyes::good:

Hi Andy,

I somehow doubt it, I may well have fallen out of the ugly tree while on fire and upon landing, put out with a shovel however, I'm not that bad !

Gibbo.

• Funny 6

2 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Andy,

I somehow doubt it, I may well have fallen out of the ugly tree while on fire and upon landing, put out with a shovel however, I'm not that bad !

Gibbo.

Thanks Pal, love you too, haha.:laugh:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Andy,

I've found a bottle of aftershave from back in your day !!!

Gibbo.

Yes, Yes Yes, Gibbo, I did enjoy that, both the Music and the pictures, excellent, thanks, but I didn't see the link to aftershave, other than maybe Old Spice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Yes, Yes Yes, Gibbo, I did enjoy that, both the Music and the pictures, excellent, thanks, but I didn't see the link to aftershave, other than maybe Old Spice.

Hi Andy,

I must have missed it somehow, ah well: Mecum omnes plangite!

Gibbo.

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

1966, I was minus six lol.

On a different question. I have gone through my DMU stock and found three 110 centre cars. Does anybody have a good idea what to cut these into?

Hi Dave,

If you are feeling particularly lazy how about 104 centre cars !!!

The only type that the 110 body side resembles closely are the 103 Park Royal sets although you would have to scratch build the cabs. This should not be too difficult as the removal of the corridor gangway and the cutting in of the cab windows is fairly straight forward. The forming of the cab roof dome would have to be done even if a two car 110 set with cabs was used as the route indicator box would have to be removed in any case. I'm sure a bit of plasticard. micro-strip and some filler is within your grasp.

635.jpg

645.jpg

Gibbo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 07/09/2020 at 10:55, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Clive, I've noticed that when you have finished a bash, you have a few bits left over so you buy another coach to use up those bits on another bash, at the end of which you have some bits left over  so you buy another coach...

I started with a bit of upgrading a Lima 42'BG and Siphon with the correct bogies and a bit of weathering.  My follow up idea was to make an LMS Period 2 BT from an Airfix Lav brake. I then bought a Comet Push-pull cab etch but didn't like the way it fitted to the Airfix body shape so I made my own end. Out of all the bits I had I made a non-corridor 3rd. Hornby brought out the Period 3 suburbans so I bought a brake and a compo. After the next run a box shifter was selling a bulk pack so I had a BT and another non-corridor coach left over. I sold the one and used the Comet end on the BT to make a P3 Push-pull. As I went from success to success with these I decided to make a rake of LMS Vestibule stock for an excursion set using Comet sides. Whilst cutting up the donors I realised I could make a Period 1 all-door TK and a BCK which were never done by Mainline, Replica or Bachmann. The bits left over from those will make a 57' Ambulance Coach to BG conversion.

Currently just waiting some finishing is a Class 122 DTS to go with my Dapol bubble car. It gets a bit addictive once you start.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Enodoc,

If that dress was a slight shorter we would be able to see if she is a fake [aeroplane] blonde !

Gibbo.

She has, as the saying used to go, legs all the way up to her armpits.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, TheSignalEngineer said:

I started with a bit of up a Lima 42'BG and Siphon with the correct bogies and a bit of weathering.  My follow up idea was to make an LMS Period 2 BT from an Airfix Lav brake. I then bought a Comet Push-pull cab etch but didn't like the way it fitted to the Airfix body shape so I made my own end. Out of all the bits I had I made a non-corridor 3rd. Hornby brought out the Period 3 suburbans so I bought a brake and a compo. After the next run a box shifter was selling a bulk pack so I had a BT and another non-corridor coach left over. I sold the one and used the Comet end on the BT to make a P3 Push-pull. As I went from success to success with these I decided to make a rake of LMS Vestibule stock for an excursion set using Comet sides. Whilst cutting up the donors I realised I could make a Period 1 all-door TK and a BCK which were never done by Mainline, Replica or Bachmann. The bits left over from those will make a 57' Ambulance Coach to BG conversion. Currently just waiting some finishing is a Class 122 DTS to go with my Dapol bubble car. It gets a bit addictive once you start.

At some point all of you coach bashers will end up making a model of the coach you intended to make in the first place!

At that point the Universe will collapse into a black hole, so keep going lads!

• Like 7
  • Funny 3

There hasn't been enough XTC on this thread, so here's some. 

I was lucky enough to see them live at the Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon on December 13th1980 and they were damn good live.... Everybody knows Partridge, Moulding and Gregory as fine musicians but check out the magnificent skin battering from Terry Chambers on these two stompers....

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

At some point all of you coach bashers will end up making a model of the coach you intended to make in the first place!

Or the coach you cut up in the first place...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

There hasn't been enough XTC on this thread, so here's some. 

I was lucky enough to see them live at the Oasis Leisure Centre in Swindon on December 13th1980 and they were damn good live.... Everybody knows Partridge, Moulding and Gregory as fine musicians but check out the magnificent skin battering from Terry Chambers on these two stompers....

I stumbled across a very poor cover version "Senses working over time" and comments that it should be sung in a Moonraker accent, so far no replies.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Clive, me has some trix Mk1 underframes going spare if they are of any use, with commonwealth bogies. They have just been obtained for the sides.

Actually, don`t know what me is going to use the roofs for, but they will be kept in case they are useful in the future.   

Got some triang underframes as well if you are needing some.

PM  me if they can be of help.

Edited by cheesysmith
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Of course it was. If you remember the ‘60s you weren’t really there ;)

I remember some of the sixties, steam engines, dirty carriages, even the electric trains on the line with green signs were filthy.

Nice clean diesel trains and very clean electric trains on the Euston line. 

Started trainspotting in the 60s.

Mum trying to look fashionable and dad still looking like her granddad as she told him many a time.

Only a few people down our road had a car. Playing football on the piece of grass opposite our house. Going down the spinney and climbing trees. Coming home covered in mud after falling in the pond.

PC Promotion coming to see mum to have a chat with her after a group of us were caught stealing milk off door steps.

Cut knees from falling off me bike. Fat lip from fighting with the kids in Roundmead. Crashing the go cart we made.

Building camps (my kids when we lived in Essex called them dens?). The best gang camp we had was an Anderson shelter on the allotments, until the bigger kids kicked us out.

Tummy ache from too many unripe apples.

Snow so deep it came over the top of my wellies on the way to school, you were not allowed to wear long trousers until you were in the fourth year of junior school.

1966, having measles just before Christmas and Santa came early to help me get better with a nice train set with D5572.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 5