Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Dave,

Which one ?

1472860361_DSCN1539(2).JPG.00526f0e76cc01f8b2e32e3ccfcb8a7f.JPG

Gibbo.

Isn't it amazing the range of fantasies that Ann Summers caters for these days?

Edited by Northmoor
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

30 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Would that be the toga party outfit?

Hi Dave,

No it is this photograph, are you happy now ?!?!?!

It would seem that for some reason or other Northmoor has a good memory.

n722086651_201267_6785.jpg.ed3c5a6ca5dda1386d458845c0494c0b.jpg

I'm not aware that any photographs were taken of me at a toga party, should you be in possession of any then I should be most interested in, A, seeing them, and B, knowing how you came about them.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 07/02/2021 at 09:36, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Ray

The rules for membership are

1, You must like watching toy trains running.

2, You must like making models.

3, You must like researching stuff about trains.

4, You must like seeing what others make.

5, You must accept that others have their own taste in music but will never be as good as your own.

6, there is no rule six.

7, You must have fun with your toy trains.

Like all sets of rules there is at least one amendment. 

1st amendment, 10p in the swear box if you mention a certain railway, which cannot be mentioned in this amendment as it would cost me 10p .

Hi everyone,

How is this for a second amendment we all have guns so we can shot those who don't model the same as us whoops no idea where that came from, what I meant to type was there must be a bus on the over bridge that hides the fiddle yard.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

9 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi everyone,

How is this for a second amendment we all have guns so we can shot those who don't model the same as us whoops no idea where that came from, what I meant to type was there must be a bus on the over bridge that hides the fiddle yard.

Hi Clive,

I thought the idea of having guns was so that decent people such as ourselfs could protect ourselfs from the criminals in government and the useful idiot thugs they employ to screw us decent folk over.

Gibbo.

• Like 3
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

I thought the idea of having guns was so that decent people such as ourselfs could protect ourselfs from the criminals in government and the useful idiot thugs they employ to screw us decent folk over.

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

Guns? Not for shooting toy buses on model railway bridges. :rtfm:  You take all the fun out of this hobby.  :tomato::tomato:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi everyone,

What about the bridges that aren't for hiding fuddle yards? Would it incur a fine to add a bus to those or is it acceptable?

Edited by Satan's Goldfish
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

What about the bridges that aren't for hiding fuddle yards? Would it incur a fine to add a bus to those or is it acceptable?

Oh dear see what happens when your barrack room lawyer tries thinking for himself. :read:

How the hell would I know the answer to your questions, I never considered those situations. :dontknow:  Between you and Gibbo what seemed simple has now become complicated and it is too cold to think complicated. 

:hunter: :hunter:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

37 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

Guns? Not for shooting toy buses on model railway bridges. :rtfm:  You take all the fun out of this hobby.  :tomato::tomato:

Hi Clive,

There are other hobbies, see above photographs.

Gibbo.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

Playing dressing up in silly clothes is a kids game, grown up men play with toy trains. :tease:

Damn it, under the current rules does that mean us grown men can't play with women in silly clothes as a hobby then?

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

3 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Damn it, under the current rules does that mean us grown men can't play with women in silly clothes as a hobby then?

Hi Mr Goldfish,

Under the caveat of "Far Too Much Information", at home I just take my clothes off to play with women, when in shops I wear a mask............obviously ! 

Anyway, enough of that, here are some of my latest wagons,

DSCF1411.JPG.2921537edf88b2db57f75a877481f65e.JPG

Gibbo.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Mr Goldfish,

Under the caveat of "Far Too Much Information", at home I just take my clothes off to play with women, when in shops I wear a mask............obviously ! 

Gibbo.

you take your clothes off and play with Women in shops wearing just a mask? Where do you go shopping?!?! 

Nice wagons :) enjoying the era 1 modelling!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

you take your clothes off and play with Women in shops wearing just a mask? Where do you go shopping?!?! 

Too old to remember playing with women with no clothes, also too cold to do that at the moment I would think.

• Agree 4

44 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Mr Goldfish,

Gibbo.

30 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Mt dear Mr Goldfish,

You appear to have somewhat misread my post in that you completely missed the comma, I have enlarged it so that you may see your mistake.

Look on the bright side an enlarged comma is so better than one of these:,

I have to say I'm having lots of fun with my period 1 wagons, it will be the first railway I have built that has the majority of the stock scratch built.

Gibbo.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

35 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

Two things-

I know the rakes will be short, but how well do those wagons run without bearings?

and, glad to see you at least have a mask, protection is soo important.

Hi Dave,

The wagons run quite freely, also they are very light with most of the weight being that of the wheel sets themselfs. I don't intend to weight the wagons and as the small engines were quite limited in their loadings anyway I think that the Rocket and Northumbrian types should manage eight or so which is pretty much prototypical.

There were larger types, the Sampson and enlarged Samson types that were used for coal trains which were 0-4-0 and 0-4-2 types, so coupled wheels and more space to pack some lead in should manage a few more.

Reading about operations 25 wagons was about maximum for goods trains which were split and banked in two halfs up the Whiston and Sutton inclines. I think the greater problem will be scale speed which was usually around 10 mph maximum.

Gibbo.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

Now I have removed the image of the PVC outfit (him, not her, obviously) from my mind, I have a model question.

There is a DC it's 504 EMU I want on evilbay, but looking at the photo it has the toilet compartment side for the driving trailer coach. This is wrong? All photos show no toilet compartment on these. Am I correct?

• Friendly/supportive 1