Bargain 2 bil

Spannerman

• RMweb Premium

I guess new supplies are imminent.  Perhaps also not selling quite as fast as Hornby or the retailers might have hoped.  SR green is too early for me.  I'll hang on and see what the next batch of BR green ones look like.  The first lot were in a very blue shade of green and matt finished, not at all how I remember them which was in a deep glossy green.

I saw that; I really drooled, because of the value for money.  Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit in with my rural, 1933-ish, former LSWR, seaside branch layout.  Also, I imagine that it might be a bit of a chore adding a third rail.

• RMweb Gold

I have two of these, 2114 and 2041, and they are lovely. Disappointed to see them remaindered. But when I bought the second one it was a wet afternoon in a seaside town in the South West, and the model shop owners were clearly bucked by my little investment. So I don't mind the price I paid, really.

I do struggle with the whole carrot and stick thing. Like others, SR green or even BR green is too early for my taste. I do like a bargain though! I shall resist although it will be difficult. I must try to be mature about this hobby and only purchase what I can actually use... Rapido's APT is a case in point. I'm sure it will be a stunner but not being a glass case collector, what would I actually do with it? I think the blue 2BIL is just around the corner so I'll have to hang on.

I think saying they deserve any such stock problem is a bit much. Is this another classic example of not being able to mention "Hornby" on a forum without someone with an axe to grind posting..? Personally I'm grateful to Spannerman for the heads-up on a potential bargain...

I am waiting for the blue on to appear so that it can join my green one!

XF

Like XF I'm waiting for the blue one but I fear mine may have to be lonely. Unless it gets on really well with my Bachmann 2EPB...

• 4 weeks later...

Like XF I'm waiting for the blue one but I fear mine may have to be lonely. Unless it gets on really well with my Bachmann 2EPB...

I have my doubts that non EP stock (4 SUB, 2BIL 2HAL ETC) ever ran with EP stock |(2EPB 4EPB 2HAP 4CEP/BEP 4CIG/BIG). Minimum requirement is 2 air pipe extensions to link buffer beam air pipes to waist mounted ones for one to haul the other. Control connections were I believe different. If your 2EPB is lonely couple to rear of a 4CEP. When you get the "that didnt happen" remind them of the evening rush hour train formed 4CEP 4CEP 4EPB which ran fast to Tonbridge where it divided with the 4EPB going to Maidstone.

ASSUMING that this price is because there is an excess sitting in Hornby's warehouse, I can only say that they deserve the problem as they messed up the delivery of these and rationed them creating a scare.

Yes, but,I presume that it is the retailer that is taking the loss,and it ain't their fault.

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but,I presume that it is the retailer that is taking the loss,and it ain't their fault.

Ed

I would be very surprised if the retailer is taking the loss, this is either excess stock offered by the manufacturer at low price or existing stock being compensated.

• 5 months later...

Kernow newsletter 2bil bargains again!

Most liveries this time SR, BR green and all over blue reduced to £59. Also some Southern Kettles as well.

As it coincided with payday just had to order another in SR green, 2047 to run alongside 2041.

Just hoping the 2 hals get the same reduction soon.

As usual no connection with Kernow other than a happy customer.

Atb

Nik

Archived