DJModels First year report

DJM Dave

This is a distracting direction for this thread methinks. Personally, I have bought Dapol stuff, I shall continue to buy Dapol stuff. I shall buy a great deal of the models that Dave produces as well. I shall decide upon what I buy based on what I want, and not on rumours about how well people got along.

I frankly couldn't care two figs about how much Dave and Dapol like each other. I like the models from both.

I am quite thoroughly excited by the prospects of D J Models, and it looks like they are off to a great start. Now, can't we all just get along in the meantime? :)

• RMweb Gold

Hi Take on Edge`s comments and I look forward to another school report at end of term, hopefully more good reports now Dave sole trading. Not that I recall too many "could do betters" !!! ( puts coat on and leaves by door left) :jester: . Hopefully 17 and 59s will break cover before three long and money not run out - Liverpool cold in Winter, have fun Dave, I think we are all waiting for meeting you in the flesh at shows.    

Robert

• RMweb Gold

I have decided to create a range (almost a stand alone one) of RTR 0-6-0 locomotives (Steam and Diesel), and would have produced a class 07 shunter this year until I found out another company is producing one. 

Did I miss something  :O  

I have decided to create a range (almost a stand alone one) of RTR 0-6-0 locomotives (Steam and Diesel), and would have produced a class 07 shunter this year until I found out another company is producing one. 

Shhhhhhhhhhh it's a secret. You didn't hear it from me right? ;-)

It's got me excited as well.

ok.gif

• RMweb Premium

Thank you Dave for the update, hopefully not long now before we can start to see some of your hard work paying off as models ship. As someone with an interest in small industrial locos I look forward to the Hudswell Clarke in N and others in the future.

Having briefly investigated commissioning a new tooling RTR OO gauge model, I'm aware of the eye-wateringly huge sums of money involved, so I wish DJModels the very best of luck with all the projects. Let's hope things in China settle down and Dave gets some cash rolling in a.s.a.p.

As I see it Kernow and Hugh Flynn were prepared to out their trust in Dave to produce their models and certainly Kernow have a good grasp on the challenges of getting the right people to do their commissions.

Don't know what was said earlier, been in London don't you know, but Dave must be doing something right to get their work.

I really think Dave should be applauded for his ambitious plans. I have never met him and have had limited interaction on this forum with him but he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke and expert in his field. I have nothing against Bachmann, Hornby et al and indeed have bought products from both over the years but it is nice to have genuine, up front customer service from a guy who obviously cares and listens to what potential purchasers say. I think it is great to see another player in the market and his presence here is of real benefit to this hobby.

As a few people have said, including the man himself, the proof of the pudding will be in eating but it would be nice for as many of us as possible to support him in his venture. At the end of the day this is his own business, own money and own risk but I for one will definitely be investing in a Q6 and probably more when it appears, be that that in 12 months time or 5 years!

I would rather the final product was right rather than rushed to market. Yes it might be frustrating for some when products are announced but take a while to arrive but, frankly, it is only a 'toy train'... This is a hobby, not a matter of life and death for those who choose to buy and spend their money buying from the likes of DJM... If you get your Q6 tomorrow or in 2017 will it matter that much!! There is more to life to model railways. Think of the positives... Plenty of time to save some money for that loco or maybe just go outside and enjoy the sunshine!!

I applaud Dave and wish him every success in his venture. I will be a customer (hint hint... keep those NE locos coming mate!!) but I am happy to be patient.

Thanks Dave and I await with interest and excitement to see the fruits of your labours over the coming years!

Shhhhhhhhhhh it's a secret. You didn't hear it from me right? ;-)

Keep it a secret... If I don't know about it, I won't want one - or two, or three... :O :)

Interesting set of announcements, and I wish Dave the very best in his new venture...but these are just announcements,

... ... ...

I sincerely hope this all works out and does not become another wish-list.

David

Probably the most sensible comments on any of the recent 'new product anouncements' threads...

With regard to DJM specifically, I wish Dave well for the sake of the hobby as a whole - if Dave can't make a success of it with his experience and contacts something is seriously wrong... IF Dave delivers on all his promisses for his range they should be very good, however until we actually have the first models in the flesh we can't make that judgement, and personally I would have preferred him get on and deliver at least one of the first raft of models before generating further hype with new anouncements. While a couple of the items are of interest to me, I woult personally be committing to any pre-orders until seeing the results and judging for myself...

Probably the most sensible comments on any of the recent 'new product anouncements' threads...

With regard to DJM specifically, I wish Dave well for the sake of the hobby as a whole - if Dave can't make a success of it with his experience and contacts something is seriously wrong... IF Dave delivers on all his promisses for his range they should be very good, however until we actually have the first models in the flesh we can't make that judgement, and personally I would have preferred him get on and deliver at least one of the first raft of models before generating further hype with new anouncements. While a couple of the items are of interest to me, I woult personally be committing to any pre-orders until seeing the results and judging for myself...

Hi PLD,

A great posting and very sensible too.

Time to pull my finger out, methinks.

Cheers

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Best of luck!! Some great announcements and I await the models with great anticipation based on some of the releases Dave oversaw for Dapol like the Western, rightly considered one of (possibly the) finest OO diesels made. I'm not interested in any of the politics, I have confidence DJM will make a fine product based on past performance, that has zero relevance to what I may think of Hornby, Bachmann, Heljan, Dapol et al and if the product is good and is of a subject I like then I'll buy it, end of. All of these suppliers can make a great model and have nothing to prove on that score, and I have absolute confidence DJM will not disappoint.. The idea of kickstarting models is interesting, it'll be interesting to see who many people will put money where mouths are in terms of wants lists.

Cc jjb, I thoroughly agree, dave demonstrated so brilliantly with the western how with the right appraoch between a manufacturer and the punters can produce good models , that is a win win for all concerned, and dave can progess with his head held high and our support.

Hi Dave thanks for the update the 0-6-0 route could be a very good idea as not only are there a lot of tank/industrial locos but also a vast amount of tender locos as well.

Also like the idea of maybe doing things the kick-starter way could be good for the future will have to wait and see .

really looking forward to seeing your products and making what will probably be a largish hole in my wallet sadly wont see you at the rmweb do as I will be at tings but good luck anyway and no doubt by the time I get home there will be a massive amount of pics on the forums

all the best

Geoff 

Archived