RMweb

• RMweb Gold

Yer ive got mine hooked through bus wire....

Makes it a lot easier, still undecided whether to keep the control panel or just have a seperate mini panel on each bored section?? Only for simplicity really.

Paul

Edited by PjKing1

• RMweb Gold

Or DCC ????Hee heePhil

Ha yer I did think about it but maybe when I get a fancy controller like yours Phil ;)

By the way this has just rolled out the works and past through Egdelane Phil, must be on test ready to be sent down to Abbotswood next year :)

post-18716-0-47723700-1417720418_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Quite pleased with myself tonight as I've got something done for the first time in a while, I've got the 37 finished (just waiting on a sound chip) an I've made a start on the hut.

I'll leave the signal till the weekend when I'll have more time.

It was difficult trying to get a decent pic of the 37 as it really needed natural light, but I've got a half decent photo here.

post-18716-0-22759100-1417728866_thumb.jpg

I've used slaters Flemish bond brick sheets for the hut, it's the first time I've used the slaters sheets as I've always used the wills brick sheets and I have to admit their far easier to use and cut, only problem is that with them being quite thin I'll have to glue them onto some plasticard to give it some strength.

post-18716-0-19565300-1417729034_thumb.jpg

Cheers, Paul

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Brian, it's only took me about a year to finish the 37 so thought I'd best finish it before I start anything else :D

Quite pleased with the hut to, hopefully that and the signal will be done over the weekend.

Thanks, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Ha yer I did think about it but maybe when I get a fancy controller like yours Phil ;)

By the way this has just rolled out the works and past through Egdelane Phil, must be on test ready to be sent down to Abbotswood next year :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Cheers, Paul

Nice one Paul

Think its doppelganger has already been spotted - how about a double headed D6992, that'll start some froth!

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Nice one PaulThink its doppelganger has already been spotted - how about a double headed D6992, that'll start some froth!Phil

It would be rude not to Phil!! Biff v Howes!!

Roll on next year ;)

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

No modelling tonight as I'm getting lots of visitors, I must be popular :D oh no silly me their here to see the dog/puppy :(

So whilst I was waiting I thought I'd do a quick video, haven't done one since the hill was complete so here it is, I'll have to dig another sound loco out, folk will be getting bored of the poor old whistler.

Hope you like it!!

Paul

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Thanks guys :)

Can't wait until I can do a proper video, on the full layout, hopefully I'll get the first signal installed over the weekend so bit more video options. An I have to admit Ste you can't beat a whistler, good job the layouts based in whistling land :D

Thanks again, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Had a couple of hours this afternoon to have a play so I've fitted the signal, took about 10 minutes to drill the hole snd get it all wired up, very easy to install and it works great. Just need to ballast around the edges and add verious detail around the signal etc, but I'm made up with it :)

Couple of videos of the signal in action.

http://youtu.be/vBivDtuc1Z

Cheers, Paul

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Bet the dog loves the EE type 4 whistle!

Mike.

She does!! I'll have to have a few around the house to keep her happy :D

The first video doesn't seem to play so here's the link again

Thanks, Paul

• Like 3

Nice vids mate ,the layouts looking spot on and the signal look great ,think im going to use some on my next layout I love to see working signals ,

Just a little question ,what method are you using to operate the signal?

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Nice vids mate ,the layouts looking spot on and the signal look great ,think im going to use some on my next layout I love to see working signals ,

Just a little question ,what method are you using to operate the signal?

Brian

Thanks mate

I'm using a 'push to make' switch got a couple the other day off eBay, pre wired for 99p each, their dead cheap and come in various colours from plenty of shops Bri. Just got it dangling at the mo whilst I decide whether to use a main control panel or one in each individual board.

Thanks again, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hi Paul,Great set of videos, it's all coming together now isn't it?I like the signal, how did you go with the fitting?Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty, found it really easy to be honest, hardest part was removing the ballast where I'd got carried away the other week, it took 15 min max. I'll have to order the 2x3 aspect signals soon and get them up and running :) I?? We?? Seriously need a bigger house so I can get it all set up in a nice big boys room :)

Thanks, Paul

• Like 1