• RMweb Gold

Great to see you Paul - and thanks for bringing the guest locos, they will took even more at home on Edge LaneGreat progress!Phil

Thanks for having them and for letting me drive the Abbotswood fleet!! An amazing day, many thanks again Phil.

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Couple of pics of the locos that made an apperience on Abbotswood Juntion at the weekend. The 37 turned out to be the best an pulled a rake of tanks with just it's three link coupling.

Cleaned, tested and ready for their big day.

post-18716-0-51083100-1411319464_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-98936800-1411319483_thumb.jpg

37 on the tanks

post-18716-0-67332100-1411319604_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-63968300-1411319699_thumb.jpg

47 on the coals

post-18716-0-17780200-1411320183_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-57765300-1411320197_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-28030000-1411320210_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-55361300-1411320235_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-78935200-1411320247_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-53282700-1411320260_thumb.jpg

Great day now back to business, really need to finish the wiring on the points then the fun can begin.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Great pics Paul - What a nice layout that is, very Impressive - Your loco's look great on there.

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob

It's a lovely layout and even better in the flesh if I can get Edgelane half as good I'll be happy. It's really gave me the urge to really get going on the layout, hopefully I'll get a few hours in this week.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

You can't beat giving your locos a good run, and Abbotswood looks great, bet your locos enjoyed it as much as you did!!! :declare:

I'll look forward to updates in the week then..........? ;)

Jinty ;-)

Hi Jinty

Think they were gutted they had to come home! :) defo towards the end of the week, the mrs is working all weekend so should get a bit done fingers crossed!!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Those videos were great!! luved the signals.... :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Thanks Neil

The signals were great, made out of brass kits, think it was the first time they'd been working whilst out at a show to. Everything was interlinked with the controller so you just set the route, it was really interesting to use.

Cheers, Paul

• RMweb Gold

Evening all

Not much to report, but I've soldered the power feed wires to all but one point and two catch points and one of those catch points still needs to be fitted.

So tomorrow nights plan is get all the points on the first board wired and tested, then if all that works and I've got time, I'll make the last catchpoint and fit the point motor, think I'll have to get some connectors though over the weekend to connect the wiring between the boards.

If I can get all the track electrics up and running before Sunday I'll be very happy.

Hopefully a couple of pics with tomorrow's update.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Sounds good Paul.

Cant wait for more from this now...

Thanks Neil, I recon if I get a good run of a few hours over the weekend I'll have it cracked and out of the way!!

I'll post an update tomorrow

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well here's an update as promised but no pics sorry.

Just spent a couple of hours wiring and testing, two of the points aren't switching properly so I think the motors needs realigning and adjusting and the wiring needs swapping over on the diamond crossing but apart from that it's getting there. I would of carried on tonight but I know I'd start making mistakes, (the joys of being up at 4.30 each day).

One thing I'm not happy with is the wiring though, it's a bit rushed and untidy, because I'm wanting it out if the way, but I want it don't properly so I'm going to sort the wiring as I go along tomorrow night, just means it's gona take a bit longer to sort it all out, suppose it'll be worth it in the long run.

Also to distract me is a new motor for the not so well D6992, so hopefully fitting that can be a distraction if the wiring gets to much. I'm going to mill a bit of the chassis block out to, whilst it's stripped ready for a speaker when I eventually get one.

More tomorrow!!

Cheers, Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Absolutely nothing to do with Edgelane Junction, but thought I'd post this video I took over a year ago, trying to bring back what I remembered of lime street with the diesels in the centre roads, although all blue in my day unfortunately. A bit of imagination is needed as it's filmed on a kitchen work top, but it's better than pictures of my wiring :D

Cheers, Paul

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Well the first board is wired and up and running!! :)

Spent a couple of hours today sorting and tidying the wiring and it works!!

The only downside was that the cable I bought the other day to connect the control panel to the point motor feeds doesn't work, but not to be beaten I just connected the control panel directly and let it dangle!

The wiring

post-18716-0-18018200-1411848454_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-71080800-1411848524_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-48070900-1411848596_thumb.jpg

The offending cable!

post-18716-0-10073400-1411848549_thumb.jpg

post-18716-0-61124000-1411848572_thumb.jpg

And finally a couple of videos of the first test run.

Tomorrow board two and the new catch point.

Cheers, Paul

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Very nice Paul - Looking good with those nicely weathered loco's.

Cheers, Bob.

Cheers Bob

Think the 37 needs it's nose cleaned though ;) hopefully some videos of the whole layout up and running tomoz.

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking great, will be even better with the second board.Question, has that tractor got Biffo sound?Jinty ;-)

Ta Jinty yer their all Biffo'd, the sounds great but think I need to fit new speakers or mill the chassis block out though as it doesn't sound as good as it could be, but it'll do for now :)

Cheers, Paul