Alstone - OO gauge modern image layout

magic_monkey09

Hi Magic Monkey

Really like the layout, has a mainline feel to it. Good geographical location to run many types of train. Although I think you pics of the FGW HST are the best, is it a full rake? And is your FGW 150 done with vinyls?

Look forward to more updates and pictures.

Nigel

Hi Magic Monkey

Really like the layout, has a mainline feel to it. Good geographical location to run many types of train. Although I think you pics of the FGW HST are the best, is it a full rake? And is your FGW 150 done with vinyls?

Look forward to more updates and pictures.

Nigel

thanks glad you like the layout. Yes the HST is a full 2+8 set, i have one weathered and another pristine both full length. The FGW local lines 150 is a professional respray from Olivia's trains and not vinyl overlays like most others in this livery. Plenty more pics to come soon :)

Hi Magic Monkey

Thanks for your reply, I wasn't aware that Olivia's Trains did a respray version of the FGW local lines class 150. I see the real units every day and your model looks amazing. I've had a look at the Olivia's web site, it is a shame that they don't do a Class 158 in that livery, I think that would be very popular.

Thanks for the info on your HST fleet, I look forward to the next set of photographs

Nigel

Hi Magic Monkey

Thanks for your reply, I wasn't aware that Olivia's Trains did a respray version of the FGW local lines class 150. I see the real units every day and your model looks amazing. I've had a look at the Olivia's web site, it is a shame that they don't do a Class 158 in that livery, I think that would be very popular.

Thanks for the info on your HST fleet, I look forward to the next set of photographs

Nigel

indeed the 158 would be popular as would the Hornby 153 in local lines.

Very nice, i really like the scenics, how did you get the look that you have achieved??

thanks, the snow is made by Woodland scenics and just sprinkled over the layout to give a wintery scene.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I really can easily imagine been snuggled down in my Wessex Trains overcoat (or FGW if ya must) warming myself with a cuppa think "urggh I gotta get out of this nice warm cab at the next station stop in a few minutes"....Thats kinda proper atmosphere on a layout!

in a couple more months the layout will have a very festive feel to it. might have to run a christmas special charter

• Like 1

Hi

Great set of pictures, looking forward to your next post.

Was at Cheltenham station last Monday (the area your layout is set), to meet up with a fellow modeller. saw lots of the stock you have:-

First Great Western - HST

First Great Western - Class 150

Cross Country - HST

Cross Country - Voyager

Cross Country - Class 170

Arriva - Class 150

EWS - Class 66 on Coal train

DBS - Class 66 on Steel service

it is a busy location, and also saw a Southwest Trains Class 158 on hire to FGW (embarrassingly it failed at Gloucester with me on it).

Thanks for your info re the Hornby FGW HST's in an earlier post, I have a full rake and am hoping to get another (at the moment just have the TGS).

Look forward to seeing 41143 back in service when its been converted to a Trailer Second.

• 2 weeks later...